Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2018 9:01:23 PM EDT
The official title for proposition 6 printed in the voter guide, sample ballot, and actual ballot is misleading.

A YES vote on proposition 6 repeals the gas and car taxes and prevents future gas and car tax increases without voter approval.

The correct title should be:

Gas Tax Repeal Initiative.

The title they printed is:

Eliminates certain road repair and transportation funding. Requires certain fuel taxes and vehicle fees be approved by the electorate. Initiative constitutional amendment.

Moonbeam and his cronies have millions to spend trying to stop the repeal and are hoping voters are confused by the wording.  The yes on 6 people are grassroots and don’t have the money to counter moonbeam and the Sacramento shit-lords.

Please get the word out to everyone you know about this current browndoggle.

YES ON 6 REPEALS THE GAS AND CAR TAX INCREASES.

DO NOT STAY HOME ON ELECTION DAY!

DO NOT THINK YOUR VOTE DOESN’T MATTER!
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I work in construction and repealing this could potentially hurt future work for me.... That being said, I’m all for repealing it. I just don’t like how “they” just rammed it through without any kind of voter approval. Standard Cali, do em dirty.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ll be voting the OPPOSITE of these democratic recommendations!

If it takes away money from something it is good. If it cost more, regardless of the issue, it is bad.  They need to reduce spending, cut the welfare crap and spend what they have more effective and efficiently.

Yes, pay attention to Prop 6.  Voting YES is what we want to repeal the gas tax.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work in construction and repealing this could potentially hurt future work for me.... That being said, I’m all for repealing it. I just don’t like how “they” just rammed it through without any kind of voter approval. Standard Cali, do em dirty.
View Quote
I understand your predicament and feel for you, really, but California needs to control their shit.  They have plenty of money taken from us.  They just spend it in the wrong places.  Funding to non sense social issues is ridiculous.

I hope you don’t lose work, but this gas tax is just wrong.  Take the funding from my $600 registration fee.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I understand your predicament and feel for you, really, but California needs to control their shit.  They have plenty of money taken from us.  They just spend it in the wrong places.  Funding to non sense social issues is ridiculous.

I hope you don’t lose work, but this gas tax is just wrong.  Take the funding from my $600 registration fee.
View Quote
Nah, I don’t think the hike in gas tax & vehicle registration was right to begin with. It’s kinda funny, I have to be in a Union for work (well, have to is subjective) but I’m the odd man out being a conservative. I can usually vote the opposite of my Union’s recommendations and come out solid. Lol.

When I work gas Pipeline it’s the opposite, most everyone is conservative everything is perfectly fine. Granted, most of those working pipeline are from other parts of the free country.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Just saw my first Gavin Newsome tv add.

He’s campaigning against Trump.

FGN.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
At this stage in the game, I ALWAYS vote against anything that will raise taxes, the CA gov't cant be responsible with the money they already get....they CAN"T be responsible with more.

Granted it seems what ever I vote for or against......the opposite happens.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He's campaigning against Trump.

FGN.
View Quote
I heard the Cox commercial on the radio and just started laughing. "Yes Gavin, it is your fault".
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I heard the Cox commercial on the radio and just started laughing. "Yes Gavin, it is your fault".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FGN.
Going after Trump will get the left more riled up than going after Cox. Good strategy for that POS, IMO....
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a mail in ballot that needs to be completed
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Going after Trump will get the left more riled up than going after Cox. Good strategy for that POS, IMO....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FGN.
I agree.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#11]
So. Prop 6 failed.

What the fuck. Do people in this state actually want to pay more taxes? For fucks sake.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Newsom I'm not shocked. Voting in favor of a transportation tax.
idiots.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, they touted it as road safety and people are fucking stupid. Even still...

I hate this fucking state and can't wait to leave.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#14]
People here are too stupid to vote against a no brainer prop.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, they touted it as road safety and people are fucking stupid. Even still...

View Quote
IIRC, the voter guide description was also very negatively framed.

Another issue is that the GOP a while back decided to abandon the Prop 6 campaign, funding-wise, to funnel that money to the vulnerable House seats in the effort to try to keep the House.  In the end we lost both.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At this stage in the game, I ALWAYS vote against anything that will raise taxes, the CA gov't cant be responsible with the money they already get....they CAN"T be responsible with more.

Granted it seems what ever I vote for or against......the opposite happens.
View Quote
For as long as I can remember, this has been my experience as well.  Every single state or city measure which will add to my tax burden somehow seems to pass.  I think the average IQ of California Democrats is about 80.  Mine must not be too much higher because I’m still here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So. Prop 6 failed.

What the fuck. Do people in this state actually want to pay more taxes? For fucks sake.
View Quote
But our bridges and roads ...

...that prop was spun around quite well. I'd wager that a whole lot of voters that wanted to repeal the tax (assuming they even knew it was about that) thought a 'no' vote was to repeal it
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
+1...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top