Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 2:38:42 PM EDT
Specifically the Springfield xde. I'm in the market for a handgun with the specific features of the xde.

Would a private party transfer be legal?  For example, somebody in Oregon comes to California with an xde, meets me at an FFL.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Specifically the Springfield xde. I'm in the market for a handgun with the specific features of the xde.

Would a private party transfer be legal?  For example, somebody in Oregon comes to California with an xde, meets me at an FFL.
View Quote
Sure....a PPT is 100% legal for off-roster.

And the family gift transfer is also 100% legal for off-roster.

But what you describe is not legal.

Go search calguns or google for more detailed info.

_
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What you are describing is known as "importing" a firearm.  It is specifically outlawed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hypothetically, if said Oregon resident who owns an off roster handgun was to establish residency in California, then a private party transfer would become legal between two California residents meeting at an FFL?

I'm just going to find a different handgun to fit my needs, but damn I thought that Springfield xde was the one!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hypothetically, if said Oregon resident who owns an off roster handgun was to establish residency in California, then a private party transfer would become legal between two California residents meeting at an FFL?

I'm just going to find a different handgun to fit my needs, but damn I thought that Springfield xde was the one!
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Then, they would not be an Oregon resident.  Words matter.  I was responding relative to the "Oregon resident".
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]
OP, if you find someone with a legal exemption who wants to sell it, then you can do a PPT at a brick and mortar FFL and it is legal.

The For Sale Boards on CalGuns is an easy way to look for one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
What has brought you to laughter?...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top