Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2018 10:20:20 AM EDT

Anyone have any proof?
Currently, I think it's fake news
The only thing I've come up with is a Calguns thread about this where a "Junior Member" says he works at an FFL and said that a cop came in and said the story about them setting up.
First of all, he(Daily Shooter) says that he has multiple sources yet fails to show any of them. Secondly, he says he thinks 15 arrests might happen, yet no proof of any of that.

I think this sucks because now he's gonna lose a bunch of subscribers for spreading fake news.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
What we know that is "not fake news".

1.  Law enforcement has knocked on doors of people who submitted registrations and asked to search.

2.  At least one was a warrantless search but was allowed by the owner.

3.  Arrests have been made for alleged non-compliance with assault weapon laws and other firearms laws.  I can think of only two or three which have been publicized but there may be others.

Yes, it is THAT bad.

Yes, join CARPA and FPC and NRA.

Yes, have the lawyer's contact info handy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What we know that is "not fake news".

1. Law enforcement has knocked on doors of people who submitted registrations and asked to search.

2. At least one was a warrantless search but was allowed by the owner.

3. Arrests have been made for alleged non-compliance with assault weapon laws and other firearms laws. I can think of only two or three which have been publicized but there may be others.

Yes, it is THAT bad.

Yes, join CARPA and FPC and NRA.

Yes, have the lawyer's contact info handy.
View Quote
Followup question: Where these all regarding registering Assault Weapons, or were they just completely random?
By the video, it came across that cops were coming door to door in every neighborhood looking for guns and seeing if they complied or not.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
They seem to have been related to submitting "registrations" for firearms that weren't eligible for registration.  Allegedly.  There were less than a handful?  Or, one could believe there were more but neither the "victims" nor the media friendly, headline hunting minions of Antonio Bookburner have made any effort to make them known.  So, it seems unlikely the DoJ is wandering the streets like the Jehovah's Witnesses or pairs of young Elders.  I didn't watch the video.  I guess they'll get clicks from others.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They seem to have been related to submitting "registrations" for firearms that weren't eligible for registration. Allegedly. There were less than a handful? Or, one could believe there were more but neither the "victims" nor the media friendly, headline hunting minions of Antonio Bookburner have made any effort to make them known. So, it seems unlikely the DoJ is wandering the streets like the Jehovah's Witnesses or pairs of young Elders. I didn't watch the video. I guess they'll get clicks from others.
View Quote
That's what I thought he meant. By the way the video was shot, I assumed that they were going door to door.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Followup question: Where these all regarding registering Assault Weapons, or were they just completely random?
By the video, it came across that cops were coming door to door in every neighborhood looking for guns and seeing if they complied or not.
View Quote
Yes, the cases I've read about were all related to faulty/flawed registrations which then resulted in inspections and subsequent arrests for violations.

I have not heard/read of any warrantless searches of anyone.  Warrantless searches without probable cause???  Honestly, I doubt it.

IIRC, one guy had two (?) suppressors (Federally approved but banned in CA) and unregistered assault weapon(s) in his safe along with the item that triggered the search.  The violations were found during the warrantless but permitted inspection/search.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
He might have been tossing in about the searches related to collecting guns from those adjudicated with a loss of firearms.  The ones they never got around to when they were supposed to.  Those collections got extra publicity and hysteria when they happened.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw the video, and agree that DailyShooter was never clear about what exactly was going on and to who.
He says, IIRC, the CalDOJ set up in his court house to canvas his area. I find that a strange statement.
I imagine that hes talking about people who tried to register AWs, but the guns were not in compliance by DOJ standards.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
He posted another video explaining more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Easy there conspiracy guys.
Go watch The Gun Guys last video. He spells it out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Easy there conspiracy guys.
Go watch The Gun Guys last video. He spells it out.
View Quote
Had a nice talk with The Gun Guy at the range recently, nice man with a fair amount of knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Had a nice talk with The Gun Guy at the range recently, nice man with a fair amount of knowledge.
View Quote
I don't doubt that. I'm glad he made it right, and pulled it down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top