Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2018 10:52:10 PM EDT
I'm hauling my 5th wheel up from Vegas for the Nascar race this weekend. I plan on coming up I-5. All the map apps want to send me up 580 thru Walnut creek. I thought going I-5 to stockton and then over might be better with a trailer. Can you help a brother out?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
All I'll say is be prepared for shitty drivers and traffic. You'll pass by me though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go further up north of  Stockton and take Hwy 12 west.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would go further up north of  Stockton and take Hwy 12 west.
View Quote
12 is primarily a two-lane 'highway' between I-5 & I-80. It's been some years since I've been down that way though so it may have changed some?

Going over 205 to 580 to 680 and beyond would allow for major interstate travel pretty much the whole way...
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:15:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Either route is fine with a trailer - I’ve towed my 36ft 5th on both w/o any problem. I’d pick Hwy 12 depending on time of day to avoid commute hours on 580/680/101.

In/out of the race track on 37 or any of the other roads is going to blow donkey balls - don’t be in any kind of hurry because it just ain’t gonna happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top