Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2018 12:52:47 PM EDT
Tues April 24th at 2PM at the Del Mar fairgrounds there will be a board meeting about the gun show. Antis are attempting to shut it down.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Tues April 24th at 2PM at the Del Mar fairgrounds there will be a board meeting about the gun show. Antis are attempting to shut it down.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads-up.

Antis have been trying to shut down the Crossroads show for several years.  So far the 22nd Agricultural District board hasn't paid any attention to them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I attended.

Quite a few people showed up. I left during the 4PM brake (event was schedule to start at 2), and it continued well after I left.

We had a lot of speakers. Several were very good. Others had their own approach, which may or may not have impressed but showed some diversity of thought.

They had fewer speakers. They came wearing a uniform: an orange "never again" T shirt with an AR15 crossed out on the front and anti gun stats on the back. They were mostly middle aged females, thin, many blond, mostly giving a typical upper middle class/educated vibe. A few older males, some children as well.

Their side had several children speak. One very nervious teen girl read a Thomas Jefferson quote that called for social change (no idea if it was a legit quote). One of their better speakers attempted to separate the gunshow from the wider gun control issue, but that was a dubious effort since other speakers made it clear they were opposed to "gun culture" and that gun control was their plan, as well as the message on their t shirts.

Also, several of their speakers who were not wearing the t shirt were teachers and good speakers. Their strident anti nature and clear leftist ideology undercut their message IMO, but they were good at delivery and sharp.

One of their speakers made the argument in terms of risk and liability. She was probably the most effective. The state board that controls the fairgrounds appears to have a number of lefty members who no doubt would like to close the show. They likely were looking for any good arguments to support what they want.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks DonS.  I wanted to go but had a work meeting that started at 2:00.  Yes, I'm one of those strange people who actually work a regular job.

I've been hitting the discussion forums on the U-T site and a few others.  I guess it's up to the board now, not that this is the first time they've been pressured to shut down Crossroads.

One troubling item I heard on the radio yesterday - Our smarmy adulterous lefty Lieutenant Governor chimed in with a letter urging the board to exclude the gun show.  I really hate that guy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks DonS.  I wanted to go but had a work meeting that started at 2:00.  Yes, I'm one of those strange people who actually work a regular job.

I've been hitting the discussion forums on the U-T site and a few others.  I guess it's up to the board now, not that this is the first time they've been pressured to shut down Crossroads.

One troubling item I heard on the radio yesterday - Our smarmy adulterous lefty Lieutenant Governor chimed in with a letter urging the board to exclude the gun show.  I really hate that guy.
View Quote
I almost didn't go because of work, but ended taking vacation time to have a half day off. I think the day/time gave them the edge, since most of their people were females and several key ones teachers, while we are more limited by work in the afternoon.

Gavin was mentioned by one of their speakers.

Since mail order ammo is restricted, we now need gun show bulk ammo and specialty ammo more than ever. It was mentioned that if it is shut down in this venu, Crossroads will find another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top