Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2018 6:30:39 PM EDT
Went to Disneyland last Saturday.  Their "trained" dog alerted on me.  Now, I had nothing on me that should cause the "trained" dog to single me out.  They did everything short of a strip search.  I made it very clear that they needed to have better trained animals.  They threatened to call the two police officers (they are always a couple at the screening area) over.  I ask them to do so, they suddenly didn't think that was such a good idea.

Now mine you, I have an annual pass and go every other weekend.  I strongly suspect I was singled out not because of the dog, but the NRA shirt I was wearing.

Sad that a place started by a man who had volunteered during WWI would harass veterans (oh yea, I had my Viet Nam veterans hat on as well).

What's even funnier is that I, the white senior citizens was stopped by the 20 something fellow with a middle eastern accent.  Now seriously, there is something just not right about this picture.

I'm going again in a couple of weeks.  If I get singled out again, I'm going to run it right up their chain of command and be quite vocal about it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
hey hey hey, they worked really hard to get those dogs to be able to read t-shirts and hats.

Not saying anything in particular but sometimes I get an extra sniff as I go by in something I may have worn to the range.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How did the dog alert on you ? Sniff and Sit ?
Or did the handler just walk up and say it alerted ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The time to run it up the chain of command is when it happens.  Ask to see a Lead or manager.  If you don't want to take the time, then go to City Hall  when you get to the park, so it gives them a chance to determine the who what and where.  Sometime later on social media is of little use.

Did two dogs alert? Do you or anybody that uses your car ever use anything than might get a sniffer dogs interest?  Keep in mind that sniffer dogs might be sniffing for other than drugs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Vapor wake dogs are in use.  You wouldn't have been around firearms or explosives by any chance?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Send an email right now.  Start the paper trail NOW!

Have someone behind you video record your passage through security, including the dogs & police.

If it happens again, do what PaDanby and Garand1911 said,

Ask for a manager right then and there.
Get names of personnel involved written down.
Send another email relating the new events and refer to the prior email.

Do all that in the most polite manner possible, even a polite tone of voice, be conscious of your body language, etc.

Show them you are the type of patron they want.

Having said all that, they have a very strict dress code.  Your NRA t-shirt may be considered inflammatory given the current rash of mass shootings.  Don't be an "that guy", the one who's looking for a problem.

My opinion - the hat stays!  Which shirt to wear is discretionary.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta wear shirts.  FWIW, I've seen some fairly heinous shirts these days.  Like Johnny Cash giving the finger, etc.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did the dog alert on you ? Sniff and Sit ?
Or did the handler just walk up and say it alerted ?
View Quote
It quite literally stuck its nose up my butt.  More like dogs do when they meet.  Maybe it sensed I was the alpha.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Went to Disneyland last Saturday.  Their "trained" dog alerted on me.  Now, I had nothing on me that should cause the "trained" dog to single me out.  They did everything short of a strip search.  I made it very clear that they needed to have better trained animals.  They threatened to call the two police officers (they are always a couple at the screening area) over.  I ask them to do so, they suddenly didn't think that was such a good idea.

Now mine you, I have an annual pass and go every other weekend.  I strongly suspect I was singled out not because of the dog, but the NRA shirt I was wearing.

Sad that a place started by a man who had volunteered during WWI would harass veterans (oh yea, I had my Viet Nam veterans hat on as well).

What's even funnier is that I, the white senior citizens was stopped by the 20 something fellow with a middle eastern accent.  Now seriously, there is something just not right about this picture.

I'm going again in a couple of weeks.  If I get singled out again, I'm going to run it right up their chain of command and be quite vocal about it.
View Quote
I've worn a lot of gun related shirts and hats into the parks and have never been stopped.  I was there last saturday as well, wearing a Cola Warrior shirt with an AR pictured on the back and no one even gave it a second look.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I like to wear my Geisselle Automatics or Larue Tactical hats when I go skiing.

In the lift lines and on the shuttle busses, once people get a good look at my hat I either get a smile or a wide berth.  I'm okay either way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
.  If I get singled out again, I'm going to run it right up their chain of command and be quite vocal about it.
View Quote
They could care less.

Stop going.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They could care less.

Stop going.
View Quote
Wrong.

Disney does care about customer complaints.  Hell, even expressing disappointment is taken seriously.  It got us a highly discounted premium room with a park view at the Grand Californian, VIP seating at any shows we wanted to see, and personal concierge.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Just came back from Disneyland yesterday. I saw two AR15 shirts, one that was a silhouette of an AR and it said Pew Pew Pew. I highly doubt it was due to the shirt. The only time I've seen them care about a shirt was when taking pictures of you as they don't want brand logos in pictures.

Sounds fucked up, I'd report it. Disney is usually good at repaying customers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to love taking the family to Disneyland. Season pass holders.

I have no desire to return for a long time.  We are Disneyed-out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just came back from Disneyland yesterday. I saw two AR15 shirts, one that was a silhouette of an AR and it said Pew Pew Pew. I highly doubt it was due to the shirt. The only time I've seen them care about a shirt was when taking pictures of you as they don't want brand logos in pictures.

Sounds fucked up, I'd report it. Disney is usually good at repaying customers.
View Quote
Cast members dressed as armed Stormtroopers cruising around is ok with them, though.

Link Posted: 4/12/2018 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cast members dressed as armed Stormtroopers cruising around is ok with them, though.

View Quote
It's different because the Stormtroopers are useless with the guns...
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to only wear gun shirts to Disneyland when we had passes.  They would be more subtle sometimes just a Beretta symbol and word, not my 511 shirt with the AR15's all over it.

I didn't want to get kicked out while there with the family but wanted to make a statement.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#17]
TSA dog at the airport took an extreme interest in me a couple of weeks ago, to the extent that two other TSA agents came over to check things out. They had me surrounded until I said, “He must smell my Beagles” and they immediately lightened up and said, “You’re good to go”.

Do you have dogs OP?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
No dogs.  And any well trained service dog won't hit on the smell of another dog.  Please note I said well trained.  I figure the TSA dogs are as well trained as the rest of their employees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top