Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2018 10:12:34 PM EDT
Wife is determined to take the kids. I hate people.

Anything I should know? Things to do? Avoid?

I really can't believe you guys don't have a tacked thread. TIA
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hate people.
View Quote
Stay home or stay in the hotel, a good one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
One word: FastPass.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Will do. Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Will do. Thank you!
View Quote
Honestly it's not hard to have a good time there. I'm as agoraphobic and cranky as most Arfcommers but we went last spring and had a blast.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Honestly it's not hard to have a good time there. I'm as agoraphobic and cranky as most Arfcommers but we went last spring and had a blast.
View Quote
Ill be fine. The kids will enjoy it and so will i.

Im still surprised there is no tacked Disney tread.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
MaxPass is mo betta!

Though it is $10 a day per person.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
There used to be lots of tacked threads but they were taken down due to disuse.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait till Danby shows up.  He works there.  Transportation and parking so he knows what's going when it comes to changes in the parking systems, etc.  Although sometimes cast members aren't as fanatic about the place as guests can be.  General?  Avoid weekends.  Mid-week is usually good.  Avoid major school holiday periods if you can.  There are a number of really active (read insane) fan based sites that can have good info and the latest sorts of hints on using the latest digital guest features.

Security is reasonably good.  Don't try to take anything in.  People carrying report getting made in the lines even before getting to security checks.  It's a no-no, even knives. I'd avoid anything that looks more useful than a nail file.  Although they seemed more interested in my little flashlight than a teeny little folding knife/file, 1" ish blades?  They've expanded the security zone to include Downtown Disney and the Disney hotels.  Usually it's a take it back to your car situation (serious time waster) although I suppose a concealed carry w/o permit could get you the immediate attention of Anaheim PD.  They are right there.

Off season can mean some attractions are down for maintenance or changes to show, firework schedules, etc., compared to peak times.  That kind of info is out there if interested in the fireworks, parades, Fantasmic or World of Color.  There are some fastpass/bundled with meal options for some of the shows which can get better viewing places.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
MaxPass is mo betta!

Though it is $10 a day per person.
View Quote
Yeah if you're not all about the big rides, it can get spendy with a large family.

The only time I regretted not having it was the day we were going to go on Radiator Springs Racers and they 'sold' out of the FastPasses at like 10AM. Serious bummer since it was our last day in the park.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah he might show up and add some enlightenment.  But it's too late now.

I think we're through with all the surprises in the parking sagas.  So It's likely time for a summary of out side the park happenings.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Awesome, all encompassing post. Thank you very very very much.

When the wife first mentioned this I told her let me know when she was serious and I'd get the low down. I just got the low down.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Any hotel advice?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any hotel advice?
View Quote
We stayed at the Springhill Suites that's a block or so away.  It was relatively easy walking distance, but the path goes through the parking structure and based on what Danby said in the other thread, the garages are going to be a construction zone. The hotel itself is very nice.

We sprung for the shuttle bus passes and it was awesome, especially if you have little ones that had a long day.  No worries about getting home, and the buses were clean and came on time. (Except the one night the driver pulled over to get a sandwich and smokes, and left my wife and I alone on a running bus.. that was pretty entertaining.)
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Cav,

What are you looking for in a hotel?  Breakfast included?  Just a place to sleep?  Pool for a midday break?  Distance an issue?
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cav,
What are you looking for in a hotel?  Breakfast included?  Just a place to sleep?  Pool for a midday break?  Distance an issue?
View Quote
I'm sure the kids would like elsa & anna to tuck them in at night. If snow white will tuck me in that would work too.

I don't care about amenities. If we have to walk id like it close. If they have trolleys or shuttles I don't care where it is. <-my biggest concern.

I'd like to only have to give my left nut for it. I'd like to keep a kidney until I have to pay for weddings later.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm sure the kids would like elsa & anna to tuck them in at night. If snow white will tuck me in that would work too.

I don't care about amenities. If we have to walk id like it close. If they have trolleys or shuttles I don't care where it is. <-my biggest concern.

I'd like to only have to give my left nut for it. I'd like to keep a kidney until I have to pay for weddings later.
View Quote
Check the Tropicana Inn and Suites for a real close walk (10 minute max).  Hell, almost any place on South Harbor between Ball and Katella is only a 10 to 15 minute walk if you get stuck at a crossing light.  The Desert Palms is nice, has a hot breakfast included, and has fair pricing for the area.

Check Groupon as well for Red Lion for your dates. They may have a discount available.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#17]
The simplest and probably the best is to stay at one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels - Grand Californian, Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel.  All are very nice and within a few steps of the parks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The simplest and probably the best is to stay at one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels - Grand Californian, Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel.  All are very nice and within a few steps of the parks.
View Quote
The hotels on harbor are closer than two of the three Disney hotels and a lot cheaper!
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, when are you planning your trip?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Planning now, trip in May.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Planning now, trip in May.
View Quote
Good deals on hotel rooms may be tough this close in.  Try calling direct and ask for any discounts. A Triple A membership is usually good for a few bucks off a night.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#22]
May""  Hmm?

I guess I second staying at one of the hotels across the street on Harbor.  It's a bit longer of a walk.  But the $$$$$$$$$$$ difference could be really significant

If the mods want to tack this tack from here and down -

I probably spend 98%+ of my shifts for the last several years working on the trams on the west side.  My observations on other parts of the parking operations and inside the park are limited.

If you stay outside of the immediate easy walking distance, the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) passes are probably a decent deal if your hotel doesn't have it's own shuttle.  The ART shuttles probably have a slightly better schedule.  Note - The Shuttles all arrive and depart on the East Side Harbor Blvd Entrance complex.  Hotel owned shuttles, commercial buses and ART shuttles and walkers from all the local hotels and Parking Lot Shuttles from the Toy Story and some of the employee lot shuttles all funnel in and with some employee exceptions  go through the east-side Security  Checks.  I haven't worked an Eastside shift in almost 4 years, and my only times coming through there have been in the evenings coming in for dinner.  So I have no idea what the back-up and wait times are from the Eastside checks.  Haven't heard any complaints.  Many of the Annual Passholders, especially with disabilities seem to go through that side.

West Side  - Mickey and Friends Parking Structure - Major construction on new parking structure and new hotel, have caused a relocation of the tram route (temporary about 18 months).  As of now, all oversize vehicles are being re-directed to Toy Story lots (off Harbor and Convention Way - one block south of Katella).  Don't ask, no special hand shakes, no breaks, with the exception of certain buses, usually bands for park programs, and possibly a few disabled vehicles in the first few minutes of opening, if your vehicle doesn't fit upstairs, (7' 4", or vehicles with trailers, or crew-cab with a long-bed)  you won't park at the structure.  Go directly to Toy Story.

Entry trams are running pretty well, the distances are a little longer.  More trams are being run, so the number of guests moved from the structure to the entrance is about the same if not a little better per hour.  That and some additional crossing guard positions is causing additional staffing requirements.  If they keep up that level of staffing, throughput will continue to be good.  The walking route is actually just a little bit shorter than the last one.

OTOH - Guest traffic coming out is definitely hampered, especially at the peak periods after fireworks, etc.  During the day, sometimes we only have 2 loading zones available due to construction.  Usually 3 at night.  The peak flow coming in is spread out over about 4-5 hours, the peak outflow is usually less than 3 hours , for the same number of people using the same number on the same number of trams per hour.  Plus, for some reasons, people coming in are happy to be there (except apparently the OP here) and going out, they are tired and cranky, so it's bit of a challenge.  Guess what?  I don't work night trams, either.

Inside the parks, by May almost all of the refurbishments in Disneyland should be completed.  The conversion of the Paradise Pier area to a more modern Comics theme is well underway.  I'm pretty sure most of the rides will be back in operation, but not sure.

Star Wars Land is well underway and appears to be on schedule for it's 2019 opening.

Entrance price increases and tiering seem to have somewhat met a secondary goal of reducing attendance in traditionally busy times and increasing off-season attendance. Will it last and work especially last?? Spring Break has started this week and it appears to be a little lighter than usual, but we also had rain several days this week.

Frankly attendance is probably high enough in Summer season to make a one day visit less than the experience everybody wants.  Several day visits give you the opportunity to spread things out and see all the attractions you want.  On a single day visit cramming all the big rides in means a lot of waiting in line and fending through crowds.

Star Wars Land and the recently announced conversion of Bugs Land to Marvel Land are attempts to accommodate larger crowds on a small footprinted parl.

SECURITY CHECKS

Sniffer Dogs, magnetometers and wanding, and visual bag check.  No weapons, no drugs, no glass, no selfie sticks (officially, although sometimes they get through, if seen in the Parks, they will be confiscated).  Wagons ONLY IF THEY CAN BE PUSHED.  Wagons that can only be pulled, or just about anything else that must be pulled won't be coming in unless it is required for ADA reasons.

If a question comes up about something, keep it at an adult and professional level.  There are good reasons for restrictions.  Marijuana on somebody else's property is NOT legal in CA.  Arguing about drugs is almost guaranteed to rise to the level of ejection or to involving Anaheim PD.    Potheads generally don't know the laws as well as Disneyland Lawyers and Security and APD.  Alcohol can't come in.  Again, don't argue, generally you will be allowed to take it back to your vehicle of turn it over.  If you are under the influence, you won't be let in, if an inebriated member of your party injects themselves in to the discussions, you will almost always ALL get ejected.  We have neither the time or space to spend much time on issues that impinge of the safe enjoyment of the parks by all.  If you are impaired, you are a danger to yourself and others, you will not be allowed in.  Think about that now, if you are tempted to maybe have a little before getting to the parks or in the parks, if you think it isn't right, the time to get hot about it is NOT at the parks

Other safety issues - Costumes or clothing that drags on the ground or presents a more than usual snag hazard may be turned away.  We had a lady in a bridal gown get turned away the other day.  Apparently she wanted to get some pictures (by a family member) Dragging dress trains, etc,  get caught in escalators, elevators, moving walkways, scenery, props, turnaways for clothing while potentially disappointing, is a safety issue.  Political expression on clothing, within reason, is passed in.  Clothing that is too close to actual character costumes will be turned away.  Sexually provocative clothing, usually needs to be pointed out by another guest for Security to turn it away.  The policy is generally that if it doesn't impinge on the experience of others, it's ok.  Men (?) wearing transparent clothing and excessive make-up can usually get in, just like women and excessive make-up.  Women wearing too transparent clothing, generally don't make it in.

BTW, we're back to nipple season again.  By May, it is going to be short pants and short skirts season, also.

Southern California is Granola Country, fruits, nuts and flakes.  We have unofficial Goth Days, Vampire Days, Gay Days, and etc.  You will see all kinds of cultural dress.  From Africa and the Middle East, including full dress hijabs, Sheikh and Jain turbans, ankle length shirts on men, etc. Student uniforms from many countries.  Fell dress Ravers, gays, camo, plaids and stripes together, black socks with shorts, real kilts, imitation kilts with pockets, etc.  People in Disney themed "Social Clubs" wear biker styled vests, etc.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]
It's too popular, too many people want to go, too crowded.

There are no short-term fixes that are palatable.

The newly minted progressive leadership in Anaheim doesn't seem to realize that a fully symbiotic professional and respectful relationship needs to exist between the Disney Resort and the City.  They seem to think the City has a Magic Wand, too.  Trying to mandate affordable housing where the property owners don't want to build "affordable" housing near the Resort, the Pond and Angel Stadium, among other things.  Economics is apparently a course they didn't take.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow.

In my 20 years+ I've NEVER printed out a thread and read it.

That changes tonight.

ETA:apologies, I totally forgot my manners. Overwhelmed. Thank you. Bigly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#25]
OP, anything specific you want to know, I'm going down this weekend.  I can grab a couple park maps and entertainment schedules for you if you want to give them to the kids for a little pre-trip fun and planning.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Dogs/Cats -

Going to the Kennel can ride on the Disney Parking Lot trams/shuttles.  Not sure about ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) or other shuttles

THEY MUST HAVE CURRENT VACCINATION RECORD FOR THE KENNEL.   !!!!  It's probably best to call them (714-781-7662)a few days ahead of time to get the current Orange County driven requirements.  Those have changed with minimal notice in the past Used to be any non-venomous animal allowed in the state was allowed in the Kennels and larger animals could be accomondated and Dircle D Ranch.  Circle D Ranch is now off the property.  Birds, kid goats, etc used t be allowed in the kennels.  Not sure anymore.

Service Animals allowed inside.  (preferably NOT the Rottie who reacted poorly to the Streetcar Horse.) Emotional Support Animals, nope.  Hiding a small dog in your jacket and claiming it is ESA isn't going to work.  They expect Service animals on the ground and on duty when they get to screening.

Wheelchairs/Electric Convenience Vehicles

While they are available for rental, they have on limited occasions run out.

They are also a rather longish distance from the parking structure to the tram loading area and then to the rental shop.  Pretty close to the Toy Story Lot pick-up and then from the drop-off location.  If at all possible bring your own, especially if someone in your party is extremely challenged in their mobility.  Do NOT expect to have the Park accommodate people from where they get out of their cars all the way to the front, when using the Parking Structure.  Between staffing requirements and construction issues, that previously very limited availabilty courtesy service is pretty much no longer available.

If at all possible, bring your own.

A s soon as you arrive at the toll booths or otherwise on property ask cast members for advice.  ESPECIALLY AT THE STRUCTURE.    The booth cast member will get you started in the right direction.  The person waving you into a regular parking space, can't do a whole lot for you at that point.  The 4 people before them could have sent you to the right place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OP, anything specific you want to know, I'm going down this weekend.  I can grab a couple park maps and entertainment schedules for you if you want to give them to the kids for a little pre-trip fun and planning.
View Quote
I greatly appreciate the offer, I don't want to impose.

I think we can find enough online to get them wound up.

Finalized everything today. Great hotel, passes, Disney dinners airfare on our schedule. 200 per person per day.

The are a few different Disney package websites. Most don't include airfare, but even those have advantages. One shows exact distance and whether shuttle to park is available and price.

I did a couple days nonstop price shopping and got my deal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I greatly appreciate the offer, I don't want to impose.

I think we can find enough online to get them wound up.

Finalized everything today. Great hotel, passes, Disney dinners airfare on our schedule. 200 per person per day.

The are a few different Disney package websites. Most don't include airfare, but even those have advantages. One shows exact distance and whether shuttle to park is available and price.

I did a couple days nonstop price shopping and got my deal.
View Quote
Now download the Disneyland app for your phones.  Gives you ride wait times, entertainment schedule, map, etc...

We've always found the best deal on transportation from the airport for a group of 3 or more to be a taxi.  It runs $35 or $40 one way.  Ends up being cheaper than a service like Super Shuttle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Now download the Disneyland app for your phones.  Gives you ride wait times, entertainment schedule, map, etc...

We've always found the best deal on transportation from the airport for a group of 3 or more to be a taxi.  It runs $35 or $40 one way.  Ends up being cheaper than a service like Super Shuttle.
View Quote
Thanks for that, that's exactly what I saw.

Uber quote from SNA to the hotel was $30-40. Shuttle was $20 each.

Im guessing crime in that small area is limited to petty bs? Normally not a high crime area?

Restaurants? Is it park or hotel for close options? Are there other places close (walking distance). This will be my first trip anywhere CONUS with no car.

I saw Pa say push wagons. Not one to assume - are strollers ok? The cheap throw away ones for the 4 year old will probably save from carrying her.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Im guessing crime in that small area is limited to petty bs? Normally not a high crime area?

Restaurants? Is it park or hotel for close options? Are there other places close (walking distance). This will be my first trip anywhere CONUS with no car.

I saw Pa say push wagons. Not one to assume - are strollers ok? The cheap throw away ones for the 4 year old will probably save from carrying her.

Thanks again!
View Quote
What hotel are you staying at?  Lots of dining options in the area.

Crime is not a concern.

Strollers are are good to go. Make sure it is easily identifiable to you. There are tons of them in the parks and it's not always easy to pick yours out of the sea of them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Katella & Harbor. Is there a direction that the resturants are in? Considering time, distance, etc - other than ruck in snacks, an i just better off eating in the park? $40 hot dogs?

Our everything has bag tags from work. Fixed all the identity problems. And then there are my moral patches.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll give you a breakdown on the places to eat when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Just up the street on Harbor:

Pizza Press at the Anaheim Hotel.  Breakfast and lunch.  Not bad at all.
Jimboys Tacos at the Grand Legacy. Good, but not great.  A step up from Taco Bell.
Pizzaterian at the Grand Legacy.  Haven't tried them but hear it's good.
Tony Roma's.  Meh.  Chain Restaurant.
IHOP.  Pass.
Denny's. Big Pass!
Captain Kidd's. Avoid unless you like frequent trips to the head.
McDonalds.  Up past the Camelot Inn.  It's Mickey D's.

On Katella/Harbor:

The Bar/Restaurant at the Desert Palms.  Pretty good burger.
IHOP.  This one is decent.

Downtown Disney:

Earl of Sandwich.  Good sandwiches at a decent price (for the area).  I think they are all 6" subs.
Naples Risorante and Pizzeria.  Our favorite pizza in the area.
La Brea Bakery.  Good breakfast and baked goods.

Disneyland:

Harbor Galley.  Soup Bowls and Lobster Rolls.  Tasty enough and a fair price.
Carnation Cafe.  Good burgers.
El Zocalo.  Decent quick service mexican food.  Not great, but good size portions and tastes alright.
Plaza Inn.  Damn good fried chicken.  It is the must have for me when we go.
Little Red Wagon.  Damn good corn dogs.  It's right by the Plaza Inn.
Cafe Orleans.  We love the Monte Christo sandwich.  This is my wife's must have when we go.
Jolly Holiday Bakery.  Really good baked goods and treats.  Decent sandwiches.
Pizza Port.  Yuck.

California Adventure:

Smoke Jumpers Grill.  Average burgers until you pile on the toppings at the toppings bar.  Lettuce, tomato, peppers, onions, pickles.  I see a lot of people load up their burger with what would be a giant salad.  We always eat at least one lunch here.
Award Weiners.  Good hot dogs.

Biggest plus about California Adventure - they have beer and margaritas during the day.  There is a outdoor bar at the back of Hollywood Land that does mixed drinks at night.  Sit down bar and lounge inside Carthay Circle Restaurant.

These are the places we hit up for food or have eaten at.  There are a lot of other choices in the area, in the parks and at the Garden Walk between Katella and Disney Way.

If you want to do a Character Breakfast Buffet, go to the Surf's Up Breakfast at the Disney Paradise Pier hotel.  We've found it has the best character interaction for the little ones.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Amazing review.

Im indebted.

I can't wait to get to a couple of those!

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Amazing review.

Im indebted.

I can't wait to get to a couple of those!

Thank you very much!
View Quote
No sweat.  We typically do 15 to 18 days a year at the Parks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Not sure if it's still open with all the re-modeling going on, but the Cove Bar in California Adventure was a favorite of mine and the wife when we lived down there. Decent beer selection, heavy-handed bartenders, and fantastic lobster nachos if that's your thing. Good people watching spot too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The hotels on harbor are closer than two of the three Disney hotels and a lot cheaper!
View Quote
We have stayed at all of the Disney hotels.  All were really nice and we enjoyed each.  None is far, although Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian are right there.

GC has its own park entrance but seems a little less kid-oriented.  
DH is great - out the door, thru Downtown Disney and you are there.
Paradise Pier is a little farther, so it ranks in 3rd place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#38]
They've re-opened the Cove Bar temporarily but I think with a somewhat reduced menu/drink menu?  Ariel's Grotto is closed and will be redone as Lamplighter Lounge, more of a foodie gastro pub experience w/o princesses.  The Cove Bare will close again for a while as they finish off the new Pixar Pier area.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#39]
One more question. I thought I read this somewhere but can't find it.

My 4 year old thinks she is one of the Disney cast.

I bought the character dinner - sure hope my Sil bails me out on that one.

Where else would a little girl get to see / touch elsa, Anna, avalanche, Porsche with some degree of certainty?

Thanks again! ,
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thanks again!
View Quote
Strollers, wagons, etc that are designed to be pushed are good to go.  Just about anything that can only be pulled is probably a no-go.

Selfie Sticks are a no-go.  They are specifically called out, in the past tripods and mono-pods for real cameras were OK, I have seen a few instances of people taking mono-pods back to their cars lately.  I'll try and get some clarification on that.

Crime in the immediate area of the "resort" is minimal.  In the residential areas just beyond that seems to be ok.  No real reason to be there anyway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Downtown Disney

Naples Ristorante - Closed under refurb

Earl of Sandwich - Will be closing soon - construction

Everything west of the monorail station and Lego Store will be demolished

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/27/heres-whats-closing-at-downtown-disney-to-make-way-for-a-new-hotel/

Construction near the Resort.  Several projects on Katella or nearby on the south side of the resort. (I don't get down there too often, so can only report that there are meddage signs announcing congestion and take detours.  Access to the Toy Story lot complex is apparently not affected.

https://www.anaheim.net/294/Construction-Notification

Carolina's Italian Restaurant is just about a block north of the resort on Harbor.  It's pretty good
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
One more question. I thought I read this somewhere but can't find it.

My 4 year old thinks she is one of the Disney cast.

I bought the character dinner - sure hope my Sil bails me out on that one.

Where else would a little girl get to see / touch elsa, Anna, avalanche, Porsche with some degree of certainty?

Thanks again! ,
View Quote
Anna and Elsa can be found inside the Animation Building in CA Adventure. Be prepared to wait in line, though there's a bunch of stuff going on in that building. The wife and I would typically wait in shifts while the other one took our little one around in there to check things out. The wait can be nasty, an hour or more, but she'll get one-on-one time with them which makes for great picture opportunities.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Awesome. You just helped me be the best dad ever.

I need a portable chair to just sit and line hold.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#44]
No problem. Take a portable charger for your phone too. Comes in handy with all the line holding you’re bound to do.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No problem. Take a portable charger for your phone too. Comes in handy with all the line holding you're bound to do.
View Quote
I've got a small pile of those from work.

Ordered versapack for wife and me
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#46]
It was busy this weekend at the Parks, but fun was had.

Scratched another thing off the Disney Bucket List - rode the Lilly Belle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It was busy this weekend at the Parks, but fun was had.

Scratched another thing off the Disney Bucket List - rode the Lilly Belle.
View Quote
Sorry for the slight hijack....

I am a huge Walt Disney fan and Disneyland is by far my favorite park.  The Lilly Belle is still on my bucket list.  Is there a sign up list and the Main Street Station for the Lilly Belle?

Would you happen to know if any of the tours include Walt's apartment?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I am a huge Walt Disney fan and Disneyland is by far my favorite park.  The Lilly Belle is still on my bucket list.  Is there a sign up list and the Main Street Station for the Lilly Belle?

View Quote
Back when I worked there in the early 2000s to get a ride on the Lily Belle you just had to go to City Hall on Main Street and ask. If they had someone available to take you then you got to go, if not then you were out of luck. As far as the apartment, the only way I know of to get a tour is to book the "Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps” Guided Tour.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Lilly Belle is now part of The Grand Circle Tour, which is a paid tour at $85 a head.

Last I knew, Walt's apartment is back on the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footprints tour.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Off-site hotel breakfast - $80

In the park -

Small popcorn, diet coke water - $13

By the hotel large pizza $35

Don't bring your wallet - bring a brinks truck.

ETA-the kids had a great time. You can't put a price on that. Fuck my feet hurt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top