Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2018 9:51:03 PM EDT
I have some 80% lowers that I need to add some serial numbers too.  Would like to add maybe a design and the usual markings you see on a lower....

Anyone have leads on where to get them done at a decent price..  I will have 6 - 10 to do...
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's probably a bit of a drive for you but this guy does it. He is licensed to do finished receivers.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/p-and-l-machine-shop-el-monte-4
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not buy some punch stamps and do it yourself?

Why not buy stencils and an etching kit and do it yourself?

Does the DOJ/ATF require engraving (process)?  Do they require a certain minimum depth for the characters?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's probably a bit of a drive for you but this guy does it. He is licensed to do finished receivers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks. They are not far.. only about a 60 min drive.  I sent them a request via yelp, I cant find a website for them...

Quoted:
Why not buy some punch stamps and do it yourself?

Why not buy stencils and an etching kit and do it yourself?

Does the DOJ/ATF require engraving (process)?  Do they require a certain minimum depth for the characters?
Ive heard of people stamping their own, but we spend enough on out guns, why not spend a tad more and get a nice engraved logo etc.
BATFE requires .003 depth.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
80 percent arms in Santa Ana does very nice laser engraving. Not sure if that is too far for you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
80 percent arms in Santa Ana does very nice laser engraving. Not sure if that is too far for you.
View Quote
I am in the High Desert, Santa Ana is not that bad either...

What do they charge?

ETA, found it on their site.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a shop with the laser and engraver to make it happen.

Now...

What are some suggestions for

Model: ________
Cal: MULTI
SN: ___________

SN must be comprised of a Letter and Numbers or All numbers correct?  
My first and last name with city state above the trigger pins? (is this required?)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top