Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2016 5:41:41 PM EDT
So if I went back to those and just those for now and forget about all the other fancy dancy AW whatever.

You think they will go after those?

My only concern about shooting them is ammo.

I have SB23 stuff in the state....I'm just wondering about going to the range and maybe home defense.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They want to go after everything that goes bang.  Those are probably low on the list but probably above everything that is manually operated.  

Hopefully the new SCOTUS will have favorable rulings before Sacramento gets even worse than it is.  I hope so, it would be nice if the 9th gets tired of getting spanked by SCOTUS and rules correctly.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
ON THE POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT (AS I SEE IT)

I agree, it is just a matter of time until every firearm is on the chopping block in California.

For reference, New York City has a complete ban on all handgun ownership and possession (even though legally owned elsewhere in the State of New York).  District of Columbia is similar.

So, yes, they will go after that 1911,... someday.

The M1 Garand is a semi-auto centerfire.  They'll come after that, too.

They'd already have banned them all if they thought they could get away with it.  California is a one party State.  All they lack is the guts to go for a full ban.

In the end, it makes no difference.  If you own firearms, they know you have them (or can easily find out).  Buy and keep what best suits you and your mission.

YOUR GEAR CHOICES (AS I SEE THEM)

The 1911 is a fine pistol for just about anything.  

The M1 is a fine rifle but is BIG and heavy and so is a load of its ammo.  It is less well suited to tight quarters than some due to its length.  Still, there's nothing really wrong with it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
democrats want to ban anything semi-auto, and today they have another super-majority so anything is possible.

You might be better off with an SKS or Mini-14, which use smaller and better priced rounds than the Garand
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like the garand then check out the CMP for ammo options or learn to reload.  both are good options.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For reference, New York City has a complete ban on all handgun ownership and possession .
View Quote

Where are you getting this misinformation from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top