Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2016 3:17:24 PM EDT
VA resident here.  I have an ARFCOM member interested in buying my Sig P226 with 4 20 round mags.  He says he's an LEO and I would be shipping the gun to an FFL.  Before I agree to the sale, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal.  I tried to read up on the laws but couldn't find a concrete answer.  

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You are legal, send it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Go ahead and send it and help LEO not follow the same laws they enforce. Because LE are more special than everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are legal, send it.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems to be no issue with the LEO getting the mags directly, but there may be issues with the California FFL. Many may just refuse because this is an unusual thing in this state.

Also the FFL would be required to have a Department of Justice Large-Capacity
Magazine Permit
to even be able to transfer them with the firearm.

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It seems to be no issue with the LEO getting the mags directly, but there may be issues with the California FFL. Many may just refuse because this is an unusual thing in this state.

Also the FFL would be required to have a Department of Justice Large-CapacityMagazine Permit to even be able to transfer them with the firearm.  

View Quote

Thanks for the info. I will double check with the FFL first. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Also the FFL would be required to have a Department of Justice Large-CapacityMagazine Permit to even be able to transfer them with the firearm.  

View Quote

This is not an unusual thing at all. The officer needs to find an FFL that has the permit. The officer is exempt from the high capacity law. Officers purchase firearms out of state all the time.

As long as you can verify his employment you're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go ahead and send it and help LEO not follow the same laws they enforce. Because LE are more special than everyone else.
View Quote

Hate much? I love my high cap mag exemption!
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you. Hillary loves being above the law too!
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's one small exemption we get to enjoy. Don't get too bent out of shape. Where I live, there are fewer and fewer places to shoot. I get to have them in my possession legally but that doesn't mean much if I don't have a place to use them. So relax Climbhigher23.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's one small exemption we get to enjoy. Don't get too bent out of shape. Where I live, there are fewer and fewer places to shoot. I get to have them in my possession legally but that doesn't mean much if I don't have a place to use them. So relax Climbhigher23.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are either all equal under the eyes of the law or we aren’t.  I strongly believe that a government exempting itself from the laws it creates is a dangerous precedent in any democracy.  I do not believe that there should be a multi-tiered system of citizenry.  All people should follow the same laws.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your mind it's small, but even a small exemption shouldn't exist.  Don't tell us not to get bent out of shape when our rights are being trampled.

You are no more important then any of us Non-LEO and it's just another brick in the us vs them wall. Together we stand divided we fall. Division is a tactic the left loves to use.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent example of how sometimes.....

....just sometimes...

...SPNI.

ETA: Look I know a79flhrider is being cool about it but seriously, his higher-ups aren't fighting for everyone.

Am I supposed to accept this as being a fair way to interpret how individual rights are passed out?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In your mind it's small, but even a small exemption shouldn't exist.  Don't tell us not to get bent out of shape when our rights are being trampled.

You are no more important then any of us Non-LEO and it's just another brick in the us vs them wall. Together we stand divided we fall. Division is a tactic the left loves to use.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent 26 years keeping the public safe. Some liberties PRIVILEDGES are earned. I'm sorry you guys feel otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:29:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I spent 26 years keeping the public safe. Some liberties are earned. I'm sorry you guys feel otherwise.
View Quote

I think you mean privileges not liberties.

You believe you're in a privileged class due to your profession and therefore entitled to more rights then the rest of us.  

I got news for you. 2nd amendment rights are inalienable and not bestowed upon us by the government in varying levels due to our profession.

Enjoy your LEO privilege while the rest of us Non-LEO "commoners" have our rights taken away.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You believe you're in a privileged class due to your profession and therefore entitled to more rights then the rest of us.  

I got news for you. 2nd amendment rights are inalienable and not bestowed upon us by the government in varying levels due to our profession.

Enjoy your LEO privilege while the rest of us Non-LEO "commoners" have our rights taken away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spent 26 years keeping the public safe. Some liberties are earned. I'm sorry you guys feel otherwise.

You're right, the correct verbiage should've been 'priviledge' not liberties. With gun laws the way they are in this state, you can bet your ass that I'll take advantage of whatever privilege that I am afforded! Try and tell me you wouldn't enjoy the same if you were in my position? Anyone? I don't think any of you would say ' Oh it just isn't fair to others, so I'll pass on the chance to be able to CCW across state lines in all (99%) states and be able to possess high cap mags) If you say you would pass, I would call you a big fat fibber!
I hate gun laws as much as the next guy. Don't get me wrong about that.
Also, once I retired, I'm no longer able to purchase LE only handguns. So there's that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're right, the correct verbiage should've been 'priviledge' not liberties. With gun laws the way they are in this state, you can bet your ass that I'll take advantage of whatever privilege that I am afforded! Try and tell me you wouldn't enjoy the same if you were in my position? Anyone? I don't think any of you would say ' Oh it just isn't fair to others, so I'll pass on the chance to be able to CCW across state lines in all (99%) states and be able to possess high cap mags) If you say you would pass, I would call you a big fat fibber!
Also, once I retired, I'm no longer able to purchase LE only handguns. So there's that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Look I know a79flhrider is being cool about it but seriously, his higher-ups aren't fighting for everyone.

I never thought I'd have to take back what I said.

And yes I would pass on taking an exemption over fighting to make sure we all have it.

Now call me a liar cause what you just posted is grade A faggotry!

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And yes I would pass on taking an exemption over fighting to make sure we all have it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I donate my time and $$ to NRA, FPC, CGO among others. I fight for ALL of our rights. Don't tell me I don't!
Brother, I seriously doubt you would give up your right to protect yourself and your family after 2.5 decades of making enemies. Every bad guy I encountered were/are potential enemies when I see them on the streets. Which is why the exemption was made for us. To protect ourselves while off duty!
So if any of you guys say you wouldn't take advantage of that privilege then the hypocrisy in here is unbelievable!
I won't call you a liar sysops666 I'll just say that you would think differently if you were in my shoes. Also the exemption goes along with the badge and the oath.
I'm the only former LEO that chimed in so keep the hate coming. Thick skin and all that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
This reminds me of those cops who pull over a drunk driver and when they see its their cop buddy, just let them hop back in the car and drive on home.  But if it were anybody else, they'd be getting a ride to county lockup for the night and lose their license for a year.  When police get a special set of rules and don't have to follow what everybody else does, that creates a wall between the two groups.  The more and more the civilians feel like the police are getting special treatment, the greater they feel divided.  This is the sort of bullshit that leads to events like what happened in Dallas this year.

Every time the privileged LEOs get to hold onto their 30rd magazines, they should take a minute to think about the distrust those magazines caused.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This reminds me of those cops who pull over a drunk driver and when they see its their cop buddy, just let them hop back in the car and drive on home.  But if it were anybody else, they'd be getting a ride to county lockup for the night and lose their license for a year.  When police get a special set of rules and don't have to follow what everybody else does, that creates a wall between the two groups.  The more and more the civilians feel like the police are getting special treatment, the greater they feel divided.  This is the sort of bullshit that leads to events like what happened in Dallas this year.

Every time the privileged LEOs get to hold onto their 30rd magazines, they should take a minute to think about the distrust those magazines caused.
View Quote

Was it the magazines that caused the distrust? Or was it the terrorist using them? Are you one of 'them' who think the magazine killed those people? That wasn't a very well thought out statement.
And pardon me giantpune, you live in GA. You guys get full auto and suppressors don't you? So what's your issue?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I spent 26 years keeping the public safe. Some liberties PRIVILEDGES are earned. I'm sorry you guys feel otherwise.
View Quote

Yep and there it comes out.   you are no better then anyone else, and have earned nothing.

It's a right for everyone not a privilege for a few.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yep and there it comes out.   you are no better then anyone else, and have earned nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you didnt bother to read all the posts before you jumped in with the late hate. I did correct myself, 'priviledge' not liberties.
and pardon me Mr Rudinater, youre in Texas? I wish i had half of the priviledges you get to enjoy in your state!
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Was it the magazines that caused the distrust? Or was it the terrorist using them? Are you one of 'them' who think the magazine killed those people? That wasn't a very well thought out statement.
View Quote

OK, I'll try to say it again with tiny sentences.  You are Police.  You put people in jail.  You get to have big magazines for personal use.  You'd put somebody in jail for owning that same magazine.  You do not live by the same rules as everybody else.  That makes people not like you.  They think you think you're better than them.  By your attitude on here, you do feel that way.  If you don't understand that concept, then there really isn't any hope for you.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

OK, I'll try to say it again with tiny sentences.  You are Police.  You put people in jail.  You get to have big magazines for personal use.  You'd put somebody in jail for owning that same magazine.  You do not live by the same rules as everybody else.  That makes people not like you.  They think you think you're better than them.  By your attitude on here, you do feel that way.  If you don't understand that concept, then there really isn't any hope for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win my 1900th post award!
Why do guys from GA and TX , states that enjoy many more priviledges than ALL of us in CA give a.damn about what a few of us are granted BY THE STATE. The provision was made for off duty and retired officers. I don't know what to tell you. The provision was made and about 30,000 of us get to take advantage of it. It would be stupid not too.
There will be zero (0) people going to jail for having a mag that can hold more than 10 rounds. It will be an infraction and will be rarely enforced.
People don't like me because I get to keep mags that I can't use? BFD!  That cuts me, that cuts me real deep.
Honestly man, you get full auto and suppressors!?
You funny.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why do guys from GA and TX , states that enjoy many more priviledges than ALL of us in CA give a.damn about what a few of us are granted BY THE STATE. The provision was made for off duty and retired officers. I don't know what to tell you. The provision was made and about 30,000 of us get to take advantage of it. It would be stupid not too.
There will be zero (0) people going to jail for having a mag that can hold more than 10 rounds. It will be an infraction and will be rarely enforced.
People don't like me because I get to keep mags that I can't use? BFD!  That cuts me, that cuts me real deep.
You funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You funny.

Now they do go to jail.  People like you will put them there to hold on to your dental plan.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now they do go to jail.  People like you will put them there to hold on to your dental plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You funny.

Hey! Look who's on the late hate train, that's all you can come up with? You must be a real hoot at parties.
Another non Californian who has more rights than we do chiming in.
And for the record, Prop 63 just took away the exemption for all of us RETIRED officers.
So this whole thread was meaningless after all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck off!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:24:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck off!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck off!!!

I don't even know how to respond to that other than....WAHHHHH that hurts my feelings! Not really. Actually I throw my head back and laught AT you, not with you. You must be one -o- them tough guy keyboard commandos. I pity you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this thread still alive?

We get it, a79flhrider supports gun control.

Can we move on now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this thread still alive?

We get it, a79flhrider supports gun control.

Can we move on now.
View Quote

Wow! you guys are something else. Where did I ever say that? Nothing could be further from the truth!
ETA: I will speak on this no more. The few of you ignoramus's that troll about may spin your wheels all you want.
Seriously you make us all look bad. Fuckin Inbreds.
Peace!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It seems to be no issue with the LEO getting the mags directly, but there may be issues with the California FFL. Many may just refuse because this is an unusual thing in this state.Also the FFL would be required to have a Department of Justice Large-Capacity
Magazine Permit
to even be able to transfer them with the firearm.

View Quote

No reason to send or ship the mags through an FFL anyway. No damn numbers, they're not registered, just ship them directly to the buyer. The gun on the other hand is a whole different matter. You might want to confirm him being a Leo. Also might want to confirm what the laws in his state are for the mags you shipping to a state that does not allow them maybe a problem. I would not just take his word for it. Just my two cents
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Didn't mean to start a shit storm.  The guy went MIA after I asked him for his FFL's info so this has become a non-issue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Didn't mean to start a shit storm.  The guy went MIA after I asked him for his FFL's info so this has become a non-issue.
View Quote

Didn't intend to derail your thread RO73. Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Didn't intend to derail your thread RO73. Sorry about that.
View Quote

No worries man. All good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top