Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:11:51 PM EDT
Will be doing the CA vacation this year . Just want to make sure nothing has changed. Plan on having my little Walther p22 locked in its box with two empty mags during transport in the rear of the SUV in my bag .Ammo stowed in a box in a compartment . Does this still work? Plus what's the law on pocket knives. I carry 3.5 SOG folder which if I read the CA post I should be legal.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't the standard P22 with a threaded barrel and non-fixed mags count as a assault weapon?
I thought that is why there is a special P22 CA model with a perm attached muzzle.
ETA: somebody smarter will be along shortly to give you a more concrete answer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't the standard P22 with a threaded barrel and non-fixed mags count as a assault weapon?
I thought that is why there is a special P22 CA model with a perm attached muzzle.
ETA: somebody smarter will be along shortly to give you a more concrete answer.
View Quote

I don't think they have a threaded barrel, but if they do it can't be brought into CA. The mags can be stored loaded and in the same locked container, just not in the gun. Knife is fine in CA, might want to look at local LA laws for knifes if going there, they have extra restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  P22 is just a standard pistol.  No threaded barrel.  Thanks again for the info
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p22/20161-p22-california-model.html
This is what I was referring to. Unless the p22 is a California model, the barrel is attached to the frame with a barrel nut and a threaded barrel.
It is stupid because you can't fire it with the barrel nut removed.
See below the threaded barrel that I was referring to.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Whats the magazine capacity?

Make sure it's 10 or less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top