Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2012 9:01:29 PM EDT
With the recent gerrymandering and now a legislative super majority in both houses, where do you think this is going?

Unrestricted passage of any gun or ammo banning law?

Unlimited tax increases?

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
blood is in the air, and the wolves hear the dinner bell ringing
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
As gun owners, We are fucked. Expect the bans to be coming down the pike very soon.
As homeowners, We are fucked. Expect prop. 13 to be a thing of the past.
We are now living under a tyranny my friends.
How far backwards we have progressed.

A government large enough to give you all you want can take all you have.

ED
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What the hell happened to Cali?? The land of the Beach Boys of my youth and Ronald Reagan.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As gun owners, We are fucked. Expect the bans to be coming down the pike very soon.

ED

You should at least give Thomas Jefferson the credit for quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:

ED

This is California and dumacrat state, we lie cheat and steal

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, freedom is just a few hours east of here.....No bullet buttons, no fixed stocks, no mag capacity limits... do I move...do I stay?....Do I really want to keep giving these clowns my tax dollars?..
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ED

Jesus H. Christ. Nitpicker.
Just thank your lucky fucking stars you don't have our state legislature.

ED
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's an interesting article here about what it means to have a majority on both houses http://www.californiareport.org/  

It's not just a majority in both houses of the Legislature, it's a super-majority (more than 2/3 of the votes).

They also have the office of Chief Executive (Governor).

They also own the Judicial branch.

We now have a one party government in this State.  Tyranny shall surely follow.  ......   Oh, wait, it's already here.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
How long before California looks like Detroit?  That is the future of demoncrap rule.  The productive people will be leaving the state in record numbers.  The illegals, the welfare parasites, the ultra rich and well paid govt employees are all that wil be left.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How long before California looks like Detroit?  That is the future of demoncrap rule.  The productive people will be leaving the state in record numbers.  The illegals, the welfare parasites, the ultra rich and well paid govt employees are all that wil be left.

Unlikely but I understand the sentiment behind it.  We are seriously considering leaving and it is quite likely we will.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#12]
The only good thing about the Dems having a super-majority is that they will definitely own the ship that they are about to finally sink.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I fled to South Carolina in January and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What the hell happened to Cali?? The land of the Beach Boys of my youth and Ronald Reagan.

all the 60s hippies started "California Dreaming" and moved here

all the east coast liberals got tired of cold weather and moved here, and then took over the politics (finestine, boxer, pelosi)

liberal kids from all over the country moved here to try and get famous in movies and music

rich and famous celebs moved here and started speaking out for the liberal candidates

illegal aliens moved here and demanded free EVERYTHING, and took more than they gave

.......and conservative pro-gun people DID NOT MOVE HERE .....THEY MOVED OUT.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

all the east coast liberals got tired of cold weather and moved here, and then took over the politics (finestine, boxer, pelosi)

liberal kids from all over the country moved here to try and get famous in movies and music

rich and famous celebs moved here and started speaking out for the liberal candidates

illegal aliens moved here and demanded free EVERYTHING, and took more than they gave  

Sad but true.

I am a California native. (50+ years)

ED

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only good thing about the Dems having a super-majority is that they will definitely own the ship that they are about to finally sink.

But the media will not perform their checks-n-balance role and not report the truth. I foresee many many changes here and plenty of challenges in courts to the new laws that are designed to remove liberty and self-reliance and create victims.

The media will report everything........

That Charlie Sheen does.  The official news agency for CA is TMZ and there is no objectivity or professionalism left.  There will be no reporting of truth as the media is complicit with the left.  On a San Diego news station last week, the news anchor was giddy over Obama winning and couldn't hide his enthusiasm for "our" president  San Diego used to be a "red" city not that long ago.

Now cap & trade starts, so kiss any job creators goodbye.  Once Jerry Brown figures out that companies will just leave then the whole "green" agenda is going to be pushed harder down your average taxpayer's throat.  $11 gas anyone?  That includes the carbon offset tax.  I'm sure if they do this, the gas pumps will be required to take EBT cards so we don't upset democratic voters.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Liberals are like Locusts.  They move from city to city, screwing everything up eating the tax payers money.  Once they have destroyed a state and it's no longer economically viable, they move on to the next state.  Look out Texas and Arizona!  Here they come.....
Liberals should be considered terrorists.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And conservative californians sat back & let it all happen! I know I was one of them, sadly!

We just whined & cried about it instead of standing up and fighting for it! The only way you will ever get any freedoms back is with force now. Civil disobedience should be the slogan to live by in cali.

My apologies gentlemen for not fighting for what I should have while I was living there. I have no excuse.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the first test of the new democrats super-majority is going to be vehicle license fees.

Democrats are hoping to TRIPLE the current fee. Strategically of course they were asked by Jerry Brown to hold off until AFTER the election to make such a proposal.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks like the first test of the new democrats super-majority is going to be vehicle license fees.

Democrats are hoping to TRIPLE the current fee. Strategically of course they were asked by Jerry Brown to hold off until AFTER the election to make such a proposal.

This is not the most brilliant idea.  Already the media, in part, is talking about how messing with the  vehicle license fees is what got Gray Davis in trouble.

Hate to say it, as a 4th generation Californian, we are pretty much planning on moving out when we both retire.  And we really love being in CA for the most part, but it appears that taxes are going to keep going up, and our apparently only grandchild and eldest son are staying in South Carolina.  

LA City Council decided to go for a city wides sales tax instead of a real estate sales tax.  I can agree with the Real Estate guys that it would hurt (but probably not really stop too many) but taxing everybody in LA is only going to drive more business out of the city.  They didn't figure it out when they decided to tax car sales and a lot of dealerships folded because they were no longer competitive?

The whole damn state is going that way.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Liberals are like Locusts
.  They move from city to city, screwing everything up eating the tax payers money.  Once they have destroyed a state and it's no longer economically viable, they move on to the next state.  Look out Texas and Arizona!  Here they come.....

Liberal politicians should be considered terrorists.

and they reproduce like rabbits

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

... we are pretty much planning on moving out when we both retire.  And we really love being in CA for the most part, but

Yes, I think so, too, maybe sooner.  The lack of jobs is tending to push me out of the State.  The politics is, too.

What amazes me (in a bad way) is how many middle-aged, white males are out of work in my area (as evidenced by seeing them out for walks and in grocery stores at times of day when they would normally be at work).
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]
http://publicsociology.berkeley.edu/publications/swapping/swapping.pdf

Interesting, albeit depressing, reading about how Jerry Brown's Prop 30 won't do anything for education as sold.  Instead it is shifting money to big banks like Bank of America to cover excessive borrowing and very bad financial decisions made by UC Boards of Regents, which were made up of these same people from big banks like Bank of America, Lehman Brothers, etc. Bank of America stands to make $28m just from a UCSF debt swap and the person making the decision to do the deal also serves on the BofA board.   Sound fishy?  So much for "it's for the kid's future and so schools don't get cuts".  This is more of a bailout than anything else.

The kids that did this study at Berkeley have some balls to take on the UC system, Jerry Brown, and the big banks.

This kind of crap is what happens when society is an 11th place trophy society.  California is beyond screwed.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ED

My feeling is as anyone who doesn't support their agenda...whatever you might be from a homeschooler to a dairy producer, you're pretty much toast in this state a few year's from now. It's time to leave and for anyone who can't leave, it's gonna suck....real bad until the state implodes Beglian, Greek or even Somalian style.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ED

I attended a luncheon with a very high level real estate executive this past week and prop 13 was on the list for discussion.  Of this real estate fund's 500+ assets, only a dozen or so are in CA.

Take this for what it's worth, but this gentleman predicted a repeal of prop 13 for commercial properties (office/industrial/retail/multifamily) but not for single family homes.  Either way, the increase in property taxes for commercial property will increase the pass-thru expenses to tenants and owners in CA, making it more expensive to do business in Cali... bad news for business in the golden state.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Liberals are like Locusts.  They move from city to city, screwing everything up eating the tax payers money.  Once they have destroyed a state and it's no longer economically viable, they move on to the next state.  Look out Texas and Arizona!  Here they come.....

They're doing a number in Nevada...especially Vegas where I live. It's like east la here now.

This state used to be proudly libertarian now it's quickly becoming a full blown welfare state.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're doing a number in Nevada...especially Vegas where I live. It's like east la here now.

This state used to be proudly libertarian now it's quickly becoming a full blown welfare state.

Looking at Nevada weapons laws I doubt neveda was ever "proudly libertarian"

NV state laws prohibits the conceal carry of a fixed blade knife and prohibits the importation/manufacturing/transfer/possession of "switchblades". [NRS 202.350]

Clark County (Las Vegas) prohibits the conceal carry of any knife with a blade length 3" or greater. [CCO 12.04.180]
This includes pocket/folding knives.

Nevada Revised Statue 202.350
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 202.355 and 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, a person within this State shall not:
(a) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend or possess any knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a switchblade knife, blackjack, slungshot, billy, sand-club, sandbag or metal knuckles;
(d) Carry concealed upon his or her person any:
(2) Dirk, dagger or machete;
(4) Knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle.
8. As used in this section:
(h) “Switchblade knife” means a spring-blade knife, snap-blade knife or any other knife having the appearance of a pocketknife, any blade of which is 2 or more inches long and which can be released automatically by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle or other mechanical device, or is released by any type of mechanism. The term does not include a knife which has a blade that is held in place by a spring if the blade does not have any type of automatic release.

Clark County Ordinance 12.04.180
It is unlawful, within the unincorporated area of Clark County, for any person to carry upon his person a concealed weapon of any description, including a knife with a blade of three inches or more, a gun, pistol, revolver or other firearm, capable of being concealed, without first having received written permission therefor from the sheriff.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that would explain this past election outcome in NV, despite 2 years of LV's mayor berating President Obama in the press for ruining the conventions and tourism.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top