Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 6:44:52 AM EDT
my grandpa isn't doing well health wise. my grandma wants to send me his guns, about 8, nothing considered to be assault type weapons. she lives in Sacramento California. Can she just UPS or FedEx them to my gunshop in Texas? or does she need to go thru a ffl in cali to ship them to my gunshop in Texas?

thanx
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
She can personally send them to an FFL.  Handguns have to be sent overnight, not cheap.  Why not come out and see him and take the HGs and a rifle or two back with you?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Since there are no AWs,  the guns can indeed be shipped directly by Grandma to your TX FFL.  

(I'm assuming you indeed have a valid FFL  ;-) )

-  long guns can be shipped via US Mail (Post Office).   The need to be declared.  [Handguns cannot be shipped US mail by a non-FFL.]
-  handguns cannot be sent via US mail and must be sent via UPS, FedEx, etc.  These shippers insist handguns use overnight shipping.

Guns should be declared as such.  Don't listen to any idiot that says "declare them as metal fittings (etc.)".  

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since there are no AWs,  the guns can indeed be shipped directly by Grandma to your TX FFL.  

(I'm assuming you indeed have a valid FFL  ;-) )

-  long guns can be shipped via US Mail (Post Office).   The need to be declared.  [Handguns cannot be shipped US mail by a non-FFL.]
-  handguns cannot be sent via US mail and must be sent via UPS, FedEx, etc.  These shippers insist handguns use overnight shipping.

Guns should be declared as such.  Don't listen to any idiot that says "declare them as metal fittings (etc.)".  

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

Last time I shipped a rifle, Fed Ex insisted I had to use overnight so I had to fork out for it. Where does it say (FedEx or otherwise) that rifles do not have to be overnight? Thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top