Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2011 9:40:40 AM EDT
I apologize in advance, I am sure this horse has been beaten to death a thousand times... I am familiar-ish with the laws, but I just need to make sure.

* Initially he just wanted to write me a check, I can put together the AR here in Utah, then have it transferred to an FFL in his area. Can this be done?
* What is the final word on approved lowers?
* Is there any possible combination to avoid having a "bullet button" AND an abortion stock?  
* Can I legally transfer from UT to CA via FFL's?

Thanks guys. For what it's worth, this cousin is from the ultra-liberal part of my family still in CA (that I rarely talk to), and he's somehow managed to weather it and remain logical in the midst of the family's liberalism.  He's also active duty Air Force. He already owns a 1911 for home defense and wants to up his available weapon set.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The link below shows the lowers you can use. Only 10 round Mag. He can install the bullet button here. Most likely he will need the BB when he goes to pick up the rifle.

Plus you can ship the Lower to the FFL dealer and the upper and mags to him. Only reason the lower needs to go to the FFL is because of the serial number.

http://thegunwiki.com/pub/Gunwiki/HistoryOLL/OLL-LIST.pdf

Here's an FFL dealer I use here in San Diego. He's located out in Santee.
First time I used him I received a RRA complete lower and It was super easy and he'll except from private party and he has decent prices.

Don Gussler 619-258-2543

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I apologize in advance, I am sure this horse has been beaten to death a thousand times... I am familiar-ish with the laws, but I just need to make sure.

* Initially he just wanted to write me a check, I can put together the AR here in Utah, then have it transferred to an FFL in his area. Can this be done?
* What is the final word on approved lowers?
* Is there any possible combination to avoid having a "bullet button" AND an abortion stock?  
* Can I legally transfer from UT to CA via FFL's?

Thanks guys. For what it's worth, this cousin is from the ultra-liberal part of my family still in CA (that I rarely talk to), and he's somehow managed to weather it and remain logical in the midst of the family's liberalism.  He's also active duty Air Force. He already owns a 1911 for home defense and wants to up his available weapon set.

Why doesn't he just go to the local gun store and buy one there? If he does that he'll KNOW he's legal. Won't have to deal with any shipping. He can buy the lower here and you build the rest and ship to him directly too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top