BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2011 10:05:41 PM EDT

The Academy of Saint Crispian

www.stcrispian.com

[email protected]

Locations:

(1) Prado Olympic Shooting Park 17501 Pomona Rincon Rd Chino, CA 91708 (by Hwy 71 & 91). Steel core ammo is OK.

(2) Angeles Shooting Range (ASR) 12651 Little Tujunga Canyon, Lake View Terrace, CA 91342.

2012!

Available full time. Ask about special requests and private classes. Low light/night and urban/home defense classes to be offered.

March 2012

(ASR) Combined Arms & Tactics 303: Saturday, 31 March 2012 @ 9:00 am - 4:45 pm $150.00

(ASR) Low-Light/Night Tactics 101: Saturday, 31 March 2012 @ 5:15 pm – 8:45 pm $100.00

Click this link for enrollment http://www.stcrispian.com/Contact__Enroll.html

$75 each class.

$200 for any combination of three classes (save $25)

$250 for any combination of four (save $50-$75!) *

*CAT 303 counts as two classes under this plan

**Yes, LL 101 counts as 1 class so you save even more if you take this as well.

Please pay with cash or check upon arrival and check-in.

Q. Why should you take these classes from me?

A. 1. My experience (see
www.stcrispian.com). US Marine infantryman since 1990/ Officer since 2000. Iraq x 2 and recent combat experience in Marjeh, Afghanistan, Helmand Province with Task Forces 3/6 and 2/9, May – November 2010.

2. Low class size.

3. Best price and value considering my operational experience. Shop around.

Course Information

Rifle/Carbine 101 Training Plan:

Rifle/Carbine 202 transition (rear) drill

Rifle/Carbine 202: shoot, MOVE, and communicate

Pistol 101: Buddy Reload Drill

The Day is Ours,

Stanton "Stan” Lee

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Stan, I remember you mentioning this on facebook a while back.

I wish you the best of luck with your Courses!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Stan, I remember you mentioning this on facebook a while back.

I wish you the best of luck with your Courses!

Thanks man, please attend if you can.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Stan

A friendly word...

Many out-of-state 'trainers' do not understand CA gun laws regarding what kinds of guns are prohibited/heavily regulated in CA.
Not saying this is you, just a generalized warning....

It also appears quite a few LE/.mil-style trainers think there's some sort of 'training exemption' for bringing in illegal unregistered semiauto
centerfire rifles w/pistol grips, flash hiders etc.  (or over-10-round magazines).   There is not, unfortunately  - and some think they get a
'brass pass' because there's a few cops attending the class.   [There is a very limited 'competition exemption' for *competitions* organized
by recognized sanctioning bodies (NRA, CRPA, IDPA etc.)  but this exemption is so vague it's almost worthless and is far less a reason
for recommended conduct than it is possibly useful in defense pleading down a felony assault weapon charge.]

Please ensure your guns are either specially registered/ permitted AWs with CA DOJ,  otherwise there is multiple felony risk.
Do not import hicap mags into CA.
Please ensure everyone 'keeps it legal' regarding their own personal gun status in your class (i.e, featureless, or uses a
BulletButton maglock device + 10rd mag, or is a tad older person that indeed correctly has a registered AW, or an LEO-registered
AW).

There appears to be a tad of elevated scrutiny on 'training'==>''trainees' these days given political environment, the watch for 'lone
wolves, disgruntled veterans' etc.  

Regards,
Bill Wiese
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad to see more training options at Prado.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Bill, you are correct.  I'm a Californian and I'm catering to So Cal'ers but I'll keep this in mind.

Stan
Quoted:

Hi Stan

A friendly word...

Regards,

Bill Wiese

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks Bill, you are correct.  I'm a Californian and I'm catering to So Cal'ers but I'll keep this in mind.

Stan

OK, wasn't sure - thanks for confirmation!  Keep up the good work.

-Bill
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]

BTT

Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#13]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#14]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Video embed!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#16]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#17]
February 2012!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Stan, I am interested in your training courses, but am limited by State restrictions for AR style rifles and have a few questions: Are these classes intended for non-LEO, non-Military persons? If so, does having the fixed magazine/bullet button enabled rifle and 10 round magazine hinder your training regiment? Can you share any experiences, positive or negative, that you have had with any courses and students with these limitations?

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Stan, I am interested in your training courses, but am limited by State restrictions for AR style rifles and have a few questions: Are these classes intended for non-LEO, non-Military persons? If so, does having the fixed magazine/bullet button enabled rifle and 10 round magazine hinder your training regiment? Can you share any experiences, positive or negative, that you have had with any courses and students with these limitations?

Hello thanks for asking.  I have had 100% success on Calguns.net but you may be my first Arfcom trainee!  

I took off my uniform in December so now I am just an armed citizen like you but I teach my fellow citizens from the basics of the 101 curriculum all the way to the high intensity, Rommel-esqe Combined Arms and Tactics 303.

I find the idea of mil/LEO only classes pretensious and most any other school will change their minds once you give them your credit card number.

Most students with OLL use BBs but some do go featureless.

Though those who go featureless are of course faster in their reloading but those with BB have worked around the issues with things like the ultimate BB tool, ring-like devices, etc.  

The bottom line is that you maybe slower in some drills but there is still plenty to learn from there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Shameless bump because I could not find it for like 1/2 hour. Getting my crap together so I can bring both my sons to a rifle course.

Holy feck it's not cheap to outfit 2 extra shooters. I think ammo alone will be near 1500-2000 rounds for the day.

I gotta win the lottery.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Shameless bump because I could not find it for like 1/2 hour. Getting my crap together so I can bring both my sons to a rifle course.

Holy feck it's not cheap to outfit 2 extra shooters. I think ammo alone will be near 1500-2000 rounds for the day.

I gotta win the lottery.

Yes sir, imagine trying to take you and your sons to one of the gucci courses for $500 tuition each!  

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Also,  I can rent all necessary equipment to include registered rifles, mags, belts, mag pouches, etc.  Really you just need tuition, rental fees and ammo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Going this Sunday. Bringing my sons; this will be a great day!!! (But Jeezus, it's gonna be a lot of wash the truck sessions to cover the ammo cost.)
To hell with it; I want my sons to be really good shooters with all types of firearms.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#24]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Did your mail get delivered yet?? Let me know!!

To any and all who are interested, I will say wholeheartedly Stan does a fantastic job training you with his course. He sticks the basics to you..... does not just 'Stick to the basics'. In short order, through lots of firing drills, you get really familiar with the working of the rifle. It's something you simply do not easily get while shooting with a friend or 3 in the boonies. You will NEVER get it on the benchrest. The only other way is to enlist- and Stan did not seem to want to make us do too many push-ups or run much.
He gave great attention to my sons, coaching them and then letting them shoot- a LOT, and correcting as we went along.
The environment for 101 is a very good place to get acquainted with slings, and how they do or do not work. It's a great place to find out that everyone.... EVERYONE has magazine issues from time to time. As a refresher, it is well worth it. For a new shooter, Stan has the perfect attitude to teach you. Not condescending (I am still trying to find out if he was a real Marine...In basic our range master was a Marine Gunnery Sgt...... and he was a whole lot different than Stan!!! He was there to teach you, and to share the experience with other shooters. This part I can't stress enough. For those who feel though they can shoot well, but really are not sure of how well they can truly 'handle' an AR15??? You will see 5-9 others there with you, practicing, having similar issues, and you will see that definitely, you will learn a lot, and your confidence will grow.

In Carbine 202, it is more advanced shooting, positions, lessons of balance, firing from cover/ concealment, and mixing pistol with rifle shooting.
We ended the day slogging thru an awesome springtime rainstorm, getting a bit dirty and very wet......While the Delta and Seal guys shot from under the canopy, nice and dry.

One thing I will say, you get a lot of good shooting opportunity with your training. Our round count for my 2 sons and I was 2545 rifle, and about 100 total pistol for the 3 of us. And none of it was mad dash mag dumps. Everything was controlled fire. Or, as Stan says "Squeeze, surprise, BANG! RESET Trigger."
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Question...I was just visiting the Prado website and noticed it said they only allow "rimfire" rifles....Stan, have the rules changed? Do they now allow shooting AR's there for your training?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Question...I was just visiting the Prado website and noticed it said they only allow "rimfire" rifles....Stan, have the rules changed? Do they now allow shooting AR's there for your training?

Yes absolutely! They allow formal training classes with NRA certified instructors a lot more freedom; centerfire rifles, rapid fire, presentation from holsters etc.

Also note that Grey Group and many local LEO agencies train there.   Steel core/steel case is fine too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top