Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2011 1:28:24 PM EDT
Did i miss my tag draws for deer in the state of CA, i rember someone telling me (and im stupid for listening instead of looking this up)
That deer tags for undesireable areas like the D zones are easy to simply pick up, while i was reading the fish and game website last night and quite tired at that point it appears i missed the tag draw deadline,
Did i miss all of them? at this point i HAVE to wait untill next year? im not paying to go ranch hunting at all, i was interested in zones D3-5
i realise i have plenty of options otherwise but i was looking forward to some deer hunting this year, thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a D3-5 tag now, they will NEVER sell out. I think they let 20k or 30k people in that zone.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can get a D3-5 tag now, they will NEVER sell out. I think they let 20k or 30k people in that zone.

Ya, just pulled up avaliable tags on the license machine and as of this morning and there are 20,515 tags left for zone D3-5. You won't have an issue getting one
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks alot you guys, big help
cant wait for another month from now!
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You've never hunted D-5 before gave you?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol why do you ask? supposed lack of deer or alot of idiots?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both. Don't hunt "Cabbage Patch" area. there will be a hunter ever 50 ft and a road hunter driving by every 30 seconds.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Both. Don't hunt "Cabbage Patch" area. there will be a hunter ever 50 ft and a road hunter driving by every 30 seconds.

im living in tahoe and have alot of options on the backside of the sierra nevada with d3-5, personaly not to worryed about crowds back here.
to be more specific where exactly is the cabbage patch? im assuming somewhere more near placerville or the area?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im living in tahoe and have alot of options on the backside of the sierra nevada with d3-5, personaly not to worryed about crowds back here.

to be more specific where exactly is the cabbage patch? im assuming somewhere more near placerville or the area?

Off Hwy 4 just East of Bear Mountain. It's named after the Caltrans Station there.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's sad of the animals taken in this area. It's like fishing, small, young and not any worth taking.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's sad of the animals taken in this area. It's like fishing, small, young and not any worth taking.

closer than i thought, i snowmobile down highway 4 from monitor pass area, i have an idea of where it is exactly.
i have been checking out areas for a while now, i know how to get away from people and im not lazy about it, i have no problem hiking miles in any direction from anywhere and thats the edge i have on people.
i realise d3-5 is not the most desireable, but in the last few years i have seen some nice shooters, nothing to big but im looking to fill up a meet freezer more than get a trophy
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

closer than i thought, i snowmobile down highway 4 from monitor pass area, i have an idea of where it is exactly.

i have been checking out areas for a while now, i know how to get away from people and im not lazy about it, i have no problem hiking miles in any direction from anywhere and thats the edge i have on people.

i realise d3-5 is not the most desireable, but in the last few years i have seen some nice shooters, nothing to big but im looking to fill up a meet freezer more than get a trophy

We use to do pretty well at Anderson Ridge, over on the south west side of Iron Mountain.  Of course, this was almost 20 years ago.  Now we hunt D-3 up around the Buck's Lake area outside Oroville.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top