Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 11:48:02 PM EDT
Link

LAKE FOREST – Two iconic clubs, long part of the fabric of South County's entertainment nightlife, have shut down.
Rock venue Gypsy Lounge and strip club Captain's Cabaret, aka Captain
Cream, both located in the recently remodeled Lake Forest Gateway
Center at Lake Forest Drive and Rockfield Boulevard, have closed within
the last 48 hours.

I used to work in Irvine, then Lake Forest, and guys used to go to Captain Cream after work.  It was a fun and classy place, and some of the gals were actually really nice people.  I think at one time the place was still in an unincorporated area of Orange County, not city of Lake Forest, so the rules were bit more relaxed.  Girls were allowed to sit on our laps and we could wrap our arms around their waists.  No touching the goodies, though.  Then rules changed and we can't get too close, girls changed, and it wasn't as fun anymore.  I was last there probably 7 years ago, then I changed job and never went back.  Good memories, though.  And though I have never been in Gypsy Lounge, there were several small musical venues around Orange County, and most have gone wayside, as well.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Several years ago I worked in Irvine right at the Lake Forest boundary (Toledo / Bake Pkwy)

Me and a few guys from work spent a few bucks in Cap'n Creams on more than one or twenty ocassions.

There used to be a great Italian restaurant (Aldo's) in a strip mall on Aspan in Lake Forest, I think they closed down a few years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top