Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2010 7:41:17 PM EDT
I know all the rules about bullet buttons and what not, except this one.  I have a couple ARs w/ bullet buttons, but i also have 30 rounds mags.  Can I use these 30 round mags IN the bullet button ARs?  I own them legally because I bought the mags before the ban, but I no longer have an AR registered as an assault rifle.  So am I going to get flak for having a hi-cap mag in a BB equipped AR?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
possesion of high caps is a non issue since you own them legally prior to the ban.   However you cannot use them on bullet buttoned centerfire rifles with evil features.  You can convert one of your rifles to a featureless build and use the high cap as you please.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The 30 rnd mags are good to go in registered assault weapons or featureless builds. If you add the 30 rnd mags to a post-ban bullet button rifle (not a registered assault weapon), you just created an assault weapon. Keep the two separate and no problems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#3]
A 30rd magazine in a fixed magazine semi-auto centerfire rifle (BB equipped AR15) is felony manufacture and possession of an unregistered assault weapon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know all the rules about bullet buttons and what not, except this one.  I have a couple ARs w/ bullet buttons, but i also have 30 rounds mags.  Can I use these 30 round mags IN the bullet button ARs?  I own them legally because I bought the mags before the ban, but I no longer have an AR registered as an assault rifle.  So am I going to get flak for having a hi-cap mag in a BB equipped AR?

Ditch the BB, get the Solar tactical grip and then you can use the 30round mags legally.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditch the BB, get the Solar tactical grip and then you can use the 30round mags legally.

bad advice.  Ditch the BB AND ALL EVIL FEATURES, get the Solar tac grip and then you can use the 30's legally.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Early Ciener kit & it's Highcaps are GTG in a Rimfire configured AR ...
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bad advice.  Ditch the BB AND ALL EVIL FEATURES, get the Solar tac grip and then you can use the 30's legally.

Not hardly. I would assume he read that he would have to take off the flash hider first. Threaded barrels are fine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Featureless is the way to go if you've got magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Posted by a user named "Regulus" on another board:
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
On another note, I was at a certain shooting range in the San Bernardino mountains about 6 months ago and the range master looked at my rifles.  I have an AK that I had prior to 2000 and is registered as an AW, along w/ 2 ARs w/ bullet buttons.  He told me I had to have this thing called a bullet button the AK because it make the magazine a fixed mag.  I told him, no I have it registered as an AW, but he cut in and said no you have to blah blah blah.  We went back and forth until I just gave up.

Anyhoo, I was there the other day and this same clown was walking up and down the range trying to sell 30 Mini-14 mags to every single person there.  Moron.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I love slamming a 30 round clip into my AR and dumping mags in California.  Everyone looks at me like I'm illegal.  Going featureless was worth it just so I can play intrnet soldier on the range and make all the other people there thing I'm totally illegal and worry about cops showing up.

10+ round legal in a featureless...just like everyone else said.
best bet....move out of Cali...there are jobs elsewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top