Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 3:22:44 AM EDT
Guys Im not here to brag.. but man it's better on the other side. I was born and raised in L.A. lived there 26 years, been a gun nut since I turned 18. Just moved to Nevada, Iv'e heard a lot of guys say they wish they could move but cant, If I could do it most anybody can. The laws down there will not get any better. I took a short trip back to cali and it was a weird feeling, I felt like I was in Nazi Germany. Anyways, If you get a chance to move to a free state take it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you did not move it Redding (Shasta County ) insted ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Moving solely because of gun laws is a tad worrisome
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm curious, Why would that be worrisome?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious, Why would that be worrisome?

Houston or Detroit areas would be worrisom, DC or Chicago too ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't move just because of the gun laws. Illegals, gangs, traffic, mexican flags, etc etc etc
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
We get to hear about this on every non tech forum, what makes you think we want to read it in our own forum?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I can think of a lot of reasons I love this state; some of the greatest wilderness areas, really GREAT breweries, awesome rock climbing, the pacific coast, year round great weather, etc. Gun laws suck, but we'll keep fighting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We get to hear about this on every non tech forum, what makes you think we want to read it in our own forum?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This. Joint your Nv brothers in their forum instead of coming back here to tell us the gun laws on this side of the state line sucks. We're here. We know.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guys Im not here to brag.. but man it's better on the other side. I was born and raised in L.A. lived there 26 years, been a gun nut since I turned 18. Just moved to Nevada, Iv'e heard a lot of guys say they wish they could move but cant, If I could do it most anybody can. The laws down there will not get any better. I took a short trip back to cali and it was a weird feeling, I felt like I was in Nazi Germany. Anyways, If you get a chance to move to a free state take it!

I understand what you are saying about CA not feeling like a free state because i'm from AL. I have been here since 88 and sometime I really miss home but
if CA is not worth fighting for nothing is. CA is the bread basket of America it also feeds 40% of the world not to mention it is the gateway to America, remember
everything happens in CA first so if you want to defend this great nation defend this great state first .
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Eh....I was born here also, moved to NV and lived there for ten years. I couldn't wait to get back. Same issues in CA as there are in NV(gangs, illegals, economy,...). Sure, the gun laws are quirky. But friends and family trump those, especially for me.
I kept trying to talk myself out of moving, because of the firearms laws. But in the end, a 30rd AR mag doesn't provide much comfort when you are alone every holiday.
Now, if you don't have family or they all move with you then why the heck not.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
States I have lived in;

NY

VA

WA

FL

TX

IL

OR

NV

CA

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  Enjoy the NV weather.  AZ looks great from where I am....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
CWDraco, not knowing who you are or where you are, your post is nothing but confusing to me.  What is your point?

I could post a similarly long list of states and foreign countries I've resided in.

Just remember this, "No matter where you go, that's where you are."  <–– Buckaroo Banzai, IIRC.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

CWDarco, not knowing who you are or where you are, yourp post is nothing but confusing to me.  What is your point?

I could post a similarly long list of states and foreign countries I've resided in.

Just remember this, "No matter where you go, that's where you are."  <–– Buckaroo Banzai, IIRC.

Last State on that list.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
CWDraco, not knowing who you are or where you are, your post is nothing but confusing to me.  What is your point?

he is stating that in all the states he has lived in, the next looks better.

grass is greener on the other side of the fence, once you get to that other side, the other side looks better now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey, don't knock the guy....just get him to get more people to move, I'm all for that.
Yep this place blows, can I help you move?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
n00b.

Otherwise, I'd invest some time in this response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top