Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2010 9:41:49 AM EDT
my buddy is buying a Arsenal SGL21-61 AK74 7.62x39 he lives in cali 6 months out of the year. he asked me to post on here if he can take this down with him? he's getting a 10rd mag for it, any other precaustions he needs to do?

i read through the law thread but alot of that doesnt make sense to me. so if you all could help me out by telling me yes or no and or what he'd need to do to be able to take this down with him?

thank you
dme
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
my buddy is buying a Arsenal SGL21-61 AK74 7.62x39 he lives in cali 6 months out of the year. he asked me to post on here if he can take this down with him? he's getting a 10rd mag for it, any other precaustions he needs to do?

i read through the law thread but alot of that doesnt make sense to me. so if you all could help me out by telling me yes or no and or what he'd need to do to be able to take this down with him?

thank you
dme

AKs that can't come into CA, http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/chapter40.pdf

EDIT––––-WAIT....I did find an Arsenal  SLG (all), on the list twice.  I have heard this is an issue.  Someone else said there was a misspelling of a model listed but I never looked into it, I am not an AK guy.  I fear its an AW and can not be brought into CA.  Its a LISTED banned weapon, only LEO may own....I am in the FUD zone now....(Fear Uncertainty and Doubt)

I do not see Arsenal SGL21-61 on the list of AWs, therefore its not an AW as long as it has a magazine lock such as these type mag locks or this type of grip MMG.  If he goes the grip route he can not have a Flash hider, telescoping stock, flare launcher, thumb-hole stock, or forward grip.

So if the AK47 has a flash hider on it (most likely does) he needs to get a AK47 Bullet Button.  Its easy to install.  He is also limited to magazines of 10rds or less.  When using a BB its a must under the law.  The fact he owns higher capacity magazines is questionable in the yes of the law.  He needs to keep them disassembled if they were not in the state before 1/1/2000.  If those magazines were in the State before that date, he can legally keep them assembled, BUT STILL CAN NOT USE THEM WITH A BB AK47.  He could use them if he goes the MMG route and removes the flash hider and other features.

yeah, its a confusing mess, but only takes a little reading to understand it.

it gets even worse for those of us who constantly challenge the laws and how they are interpreted.  I have my own way to read them, but I told you the way all others read them...lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything thats cool is illegal in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have a safe full of stuff that would disagree with you. Now did you really just come in here to post that and be a prick and not offer anything constructive?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a safe full of stuff that would disagree with you. Now did you really just come in here to post that and be a prick and not offer anything constructive?

Another "Lets get on the Hate Train" prick. These guys are worse than trolls.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you haven't noticed, this is a CA forum.  Go stir your shit in the NV forum.  We are doing just fine here in CA without you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

thank you
dme

Yep, my buddy is into those AK types in California. He has 3 or 4 Arsenal SGL 21's.  They all have the Radlock mag lock on them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And who's troll account are you? Shoo fly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top