Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2010 9:03:36 PM EDT
My wife and our three youngsters are headed to Monrovia (just outside of LA I suppose) to visit her grandparents for a week.

I just wanted to know if my 4 inch Cold Steel Voyager was okay to carry.

I really can't remember if I had it with me last time I was there.

I liked the town and the weather was great.  Any ARFCOM'ers in the area?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure part of it is exposed (i.e. not a concealed weap.) and if it is a folder it cannot be spring assisted if over 2.5"  also double edged is a felony out here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir.

I use the pocket clip so 1 inch and the clip of the knife is visible.
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you venture into Los Angeles city, be warned that the maximum legal blade length for a folding knife is 3.0".
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't sweat it.  Monrovia is a safe town.  I know....I grew up there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
triple digit heat the last few days.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I was a bit warm.

We took the South Texas heat with us.  My family was used to it though.  I just want to revisit since we were expecting the AC weather I had last time I was there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought an assisted opening folder was ok, as long as it is biased closed, meaning there is resistance to overcome for opening.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you venture into Los Angeles city, be warned that the maximum legal blade length for a folding knife is 3.0".

True, but the cops don't seem to notice knives clipped to my pockets.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I thought an assisted opening folder was ok, as long as it is biased closed, meaning there is resistance to overcome for opening.

Yes they are fine. You can walk into any Wal-Mart in CA and buy a Gerber Fast Draw, Kershaw Blur or Leek. BassPro had several assisted-opening knives the last time I looked.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top