Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 4:58:51 PM EDT
I saw this type of upper receiver from a british forum "http://www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm#UpperParts" guess you can't have semi auto rifles in england.  Now CA law states you can't have a SEMI-AUTOMATIC centerfire rifle with a detacheable magazine.  Would this upper receiver make your rifle exempt from CA AW gun laws since you have to cock the bolt back everytime a round is fired?
(look @ the last receiverlisted on that page"
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw this type of upper receiver from a british forum "http://www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm#UpperParts" guess you can't have semi auto rifles in england.  Now CA law states you can't have a SEMI-AUTOMATIC centerfire rifle with a detacheable magazine.  Would this upper receiver make your rifle exempt from CA AW gun laws since you have to cock the bolt back everytime a round is fired?
(look @ the last receiverlisted on that page"

go to www.Calguns.net for all of your Cali related questions and answers.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Single shot would allow to use a detachable magazine without a tool, but there other ways to still have a semi-auto AR145 in California.

Start Here
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
calguns.net

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Bullet button and 10rnd mag on an off list lower is all you need. Besides the usual 16"+ barrel, but that isn't specific to CA.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Bullet button and 10rd mag on an off list rifle. Lower doesn't matter.

16'' barrel is definetly spefic to CA. If you have an unregistered SBR both CA and the Feds will fuck you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bullet button and 10rd mag on an off list rifle. Lower doesn't matter.

16'' barrel is definetly spefic to CA. If you have an unregistered SBR both CA and the Feds will fuck you.

Um yes the lower does matter... the lower is the receiver... it must be off the list... It's called an OLL for a reason (Off List Lower)

16" barrel is not specific to CA. You must have a 16" barrel in every state or you will be fucked by the state and the FED. Unless you have a registered SBR, but we are talking normal rifle here... not NFA.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you just repeating what I am saying?

1) No effing crap it has no be off list. I didn't say it didn't, in fact in my post I mentioned OFF LIST, I said you don't need a bullet button in a lower, you need one in a rifle. Unless you know of some way a lower can fire a centerfire cartridge in semi automatic?

2) That second thing was what I just said. Both the CA and the US will fuck you, not just the ATF. Seriously, you just said what I did in different words.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you just repeating what I am saying?

1) No effing crap it has no be off list. I didn't say it didn't, in fact in my post I mentioned OFF LIST, I said you don't need a bullet button in a lower, you need one in a rifle. Unless you know of some way a lower can fire a centerfire cartridge in semi automatic?

2) That second thing was what I just said. Both the CA and the US will fuck you, not just the ATF. Seriously, you just said what I did in different words.

No, you said it in a very vague, contradictory, and nearly incomprehensible manner.

1. In one breath you said it had to be OLL lower, but that the lower didn't matter.  It's now clear that you meant that an OLL NOT ATTACHED TO AN UPPER doe not need a bullet button.

2. That second thing is not what you just said.  You said 16" barrel is specific to CA.  That is not even close to being true.  16" is the minimum barrel length for the entire nation in order to avoid breaking NFA SBR regulations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top