Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 7:55:28 AM EDT
How bad is the on going "wannabe" riots due to the Lakers winning?  Is the media hyping things up as always?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How bad is the on going "wannabe" riots due to the Lakers winning?  Is the media hyping things up as always?

Heck 25 arrested very little looting and shooting ... just a typical night on the town!

Recall the mid-90's Detroit Piston's riots?

Unfortunately I don't.  But I take it's a nasty one.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I drove past the Convention Center after the game, I saw 5 helicopters flying over the Staples and knew something was up. Just some minor vandalism and drunken rowdy behavior.

You can view some of the action here:

KABC video
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Much ado about nothing, 24hr cable news looking to fill time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
They looted a shoe store, how funny is that?  If there was a book store, I bet it'd be perfectly safe.

I used to think I'd never see these stupid car window mounted Lakers flags on Mercedes and BMWs, I saw one on a Porsche Cayenne today

Look at this dumbass, just when I thought these window mounted Lakers flags couldn't be dumber, this guy got two big ones

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
LA Mentailty is what I'm having a problem understanding.

WE WON!    Let's Riot

WE LOST! Let's Riot.

I'm opening a bookstore there if I ever decide to move to So Cal.  There might be some kids who need them to throw at a kid and others who need to level a table.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heck 25 arrested very little looting and shooting ... just a typical night on the town!

Recall the mid-90's Detroit Piston's riots?

we get that in Chico a few times a year after the cops shut down a collage kegger. cars trashed, fires set, general small mob looting. i usually never gets violent outside of a parking lot fight. maby 5-20 arrested. good reason to have a loaded show stopper of any sort available.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top