Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 12:51:06 PM EDT
Hi there,
Currently my country is looking at restricting thumhole stocks to "restricted" licences and so there is now a lot of people looking for alternitives (me also since 13 days ago the government made me a criminal and has yet to even fully inform me!)

can someone post a picture of how it is you hold the grip?
Preferably the wooden AK grip.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
cool thanks for that!
our police force is "re-interpreting" (after 17 years and telling people they must convert to single piece thumbhole stocks) that thumbhole stocks are now restricted under the fact that theyre free standing pistol grips!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't mean to pry, but how did they make you a criminal w/o informing you?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
They have changed the law, or atlest how they interpret it. making a firearm in my safe illegal for me to own. They have not told anyone except the arms officers and firearm dealers so far.
When I spoke to the arms officer asking what i am now expected to do I was given no answer. When i asked for her opinion on the monster man grip being an acceptable replacement she got quite moody and refused to comment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the new laws in your country ? I would believe NZL is NEW ZEALAND  ? I always heard good things about NEW ZEALAND GUN LAWS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They have changed the law, or atlest how they interpret it. making a firearm in my safe illegal for me to own. They have not told anyone except the arms officers and firearm dealers so far.
When I spoke to the arms officer asking what i am now expected to do I was given no answer. When i asked for her opinion on the monster man grip being an acceptable replacement she got quite moody and refused to comment.

Some things seem universal .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are the new laws in your country ? I would believe NZL is NEW ZEALAND  ? I always heard good things about NEW ZEALAND GUN LAWS.

the laws havn't changed...theyre the same as always BUT they have changed how they interpret a law which is the "sporting arms"
Basics
everyone who owns a gun must have a licence. the kind of guns you own is dictate dby licence
A cat = sporting arms (every licence holder has this)
B cat = Pistols (further restrictions on how to obtain it etc)
C cat = Full auto, tazers, pepper spray, certian knives and other "restricted" weaponary
D cat = dea;er
E cat = Military sty;le semi-automatic which is any semi-auto gun not considered "sporting" (Pretty much everything banned in 1994 under clinton for you guys)

These laws were made in 1992, back then those with MSSA(e cats) where told to add thumbhole grips, get an e cat licence or loose your gun, as expect THOUSANDS of guns dissapeared....every so often they pop up at auctions converted to A cat by removal of magazine and pistol grip

Now 17 years later the police have come up with the view that 99.9% of thumbhole stocks still allow the features and characteristics of a "free standing" pistol grip of "military pattern" these include the USC and SL-8. Choate tool machine Ak47 stock remminton yellow jacket stock and other sporting stocks. these are now all military stocks and when fitted to a semi-auto become an unregistered MSSA and highly illegal.
they have a policy which bans the creation of new MSSA without the ddestruction of one as the goal was to slowly phase them out of public hands...now they have created THOUSANDS!

and theyre still not sure yet on how to go about dealing with them... so currently i have an illegal firearm and when i asked what to do about it all i got was "I don't know" when i asked if i could get in legal trouble over it i was met with "I don't know"

Ill upload the picture which shows wats now legal and not legal for a cats etc etc when i get home from worlk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top