Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 5:45:28 PM EDT
I'm visiting my dad in Ventura next week and I'd like to go shooting with him.  I grew up there but moved to TN 5 years ago and all the gun stores I remember are gone now.  Aside from Big 5 where can I go to find some plain old .45 auto FMJ these days?  And is the pistol range up by the cross still open?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Is H&S Firearm Sales gone?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Was that the one on the corner of Thompson & Seaward?  If so, yes.  If not, I'm not familiar with the name.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is H&S Firearm Sales gone?

Yes, I used to hang out there along time ago. I mkoved away and when I came back he was gone. He used to run his gunshop/balloon business. I know he has property in Oregon. Maybe he moved there. The only place I could see getting ammo is Shooters paradise in Oxnard.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Pistol range in Grant Park is closed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Bummer.  So where does one go to shoot now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bummer.  So where does one go to shoot now?

Well around here just indoor ranges unless you know a ranch owner and can go out to there property. As far as ammo go's for a .45 good luck!!! Ammo around here is very scarce and hard to find. Check with uncle paul I went to his shop last week and bought .40 s&w. You can drive up to rose valley and shoot but becareful lot's of yahoo's up there......
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#7]
There is always Wally World for ammo if you only need a few boxes, though it is hit and miss both with supply and which ones still carry ammo.  As for a place to shoot, you have either the indoor ranges or you could still drive out to Piru.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top