Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 3:55:50 PM EDT
Is there anything other than ORM-D that I need to do to ship a gunbroker ammo auction to Cali? I seem to remember something about FFL's (which I am) having to register with California department of state in order to send guns/ammo items there, which I haven't done. Two GB ammo auctions just sold to California residents and I wanted to make sure shipping it was kosher before I do so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably better in Cali hometown.

ETA: I have had many thousands of rounds shipped to my door as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Off the top of my head.......no tracer.......ugh........

I've had thousands of rounds shipped and delivered to my door.

What's the ammo in question?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem here but then I just shipped some to the Beverly Hills PD
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Off the top of my head.......no tracer.......ugh........

I've had thousands of rounds shipped and delivered to my door.

What's the ammo in question?

some 25-20 WCF and 250 savage

We ship ground ORM-D. Would adult sig required be overkill?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think adult signature would be a good idea.
I've had ammo shipped with signature required and without.
It would probably be cheap insurance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a good idea, but it's also another $6 or so bucks on shipping. I'm just wondering if it's necessary.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure how it works for private party sales/auctions of ammo vs. from a store, but as I understand it some counties (or is it cities ) in CA you can not ship ammo to.  

This is taken from surplusammo.com's website with regards to their CA ammo shipping policies : "CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: No sales of Ammunition Delivered to Los Angeles, all of Orange County or San Francisco. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering."

I'm not saying that they are 100% correct in their understanding of the laws though.  As I"ve only heard of LA and San Fran specifically.  So, its something to check up on before shipping...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how it works for private party sales/auctions of ammo vs. from a store, but as I understand it some counties (or is it cities ) in CA you can not ship ammo to.  

This is taken from surplusammo.com's website with regards to their CA ammo shipping policies : "CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: No sales of Ammunition Delivered to Los Angeles, all of Orange County or San Francisco. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering."

I'm not saying that they are 100% correct in their understanding of the laws though.  As I"ve only heard of LA and San Fran specifically.  So, its something to check up on before shipping...

This true to an extent.

Some cities (counties?) do have restrictions (I forgot about that), but keep in mind that some vendors will ship to some places and others won't......regardless if there is any law on the book.

As an example....Century won't ship ammo to Ventura county, but there is no law against it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I know for a fact that there is no restriction on shipping to Marin county.
Most, if not all, restrictions are put in place by the sellers legal department.
It seems to work as a defacto ammo ban as it keeps everyone, including me and I live here,
confused.
The signature requirment is to make sure the intended recipient recieves the ammo.
Another "cover my ass" move by the larger sellers.
Hopefully, Bill Weise will jump in as he seems to be quite familiar with the laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top