Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2008 7:42:35 PM EDT
Business trip.  Aside from my normal Delta striper guide trip, plus a few restaurants  I must hit, is there anything shooting related I should do?

I had thought about hog hunting in the mountains, but the out of state license is too damn expensive.

Another question - anyone know of a bar in San Jose/Mountainview/Santa Clara that I will be able to watch the Vikings game at?
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The bay area is a pretty tough place for shooters to exist.  Gun shops will be pretty lame compared to the United States.  There is no public land closer than about a 2+ hours drive, and it is very poor hunting.  Mostly only suitable for target shooting.  If you wanted to pay to hunt pigs on private land, that's possible.  There are a couple outdoor ranges within about an hours drive if you don't mind the nazi's running the places.  You would need to bring your own Ca friendly guns however.  

If you are into sporting clays, there is a great course about 1/2 hour south of san jose.  The name is Coyote Valley Sporting Clays, and it's a beautiful place set in the oak covered foothills.

Plenty of bars though with plenty of pigs running around in there too.

TB
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Another question - anyone know of a bar in San Jose/Mountainview/Santa Clara that I will be able to watch the Vikings game at?

Two Irish pubs on Castro in downtown Mountain View. Also Tied House Brewery that will probably have the game up. It's right across the street from MVPD, so be careful.

Lots of pubs in downtown San Jose as well.

Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Tied House is one of favorite stops... a couple of beers, and a growler to go!

Thanks for all the advice
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Gordon Biersch Brewery is good too. On San Fernando between 2nd and 3rd. Has a nice patio with live music on some evenings.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
go to the Brit in almaden valley (on the south side of san jose).  not the brit in downtown san jose.  they have great deals on food and drink, and tons of loose women-if you're into that kinda thing

another good place is double d's in los gatos, jersey's cheesesteaks in downtown san jose, or the hooters in campbell.  i usually hate hooters, but the hooters here has SUPER hot chicks.

all the places i listed are true sports bars.  the brit and hooters (obviously) are also meat markets, while interestingly enough, double d's is more of a family friendly atmosphere.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
go to the Brit in almaden valley (on the south side of san jose).  not the brit in downtown san jose.  they have great deals on food and drink, and tons of loose women-if you're into that kinda thing

another good place is double d's in los gatos, jersey's cheesesteaks in downtown san jose, or the hooters in campbell.  i usually hate hooters, but the hooters here has SUPER hot chicks.

all the places i listed are true sports bars.  the brit and hooters (obviously) are also meat markets, while interestingly enough, double d's is more of a family friendly atmosphere.

The guy's from out-of-state.  How do you expect him to know what "The Brit" is??

For his benefit it's "Britannia Arms".

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy's from out-of-state.  How do you expect him to know what "The Brit" is??

i don't expect him to know where the "britannia arms" is either, so because he'd have to ask someone where it was, i figured i'd give him the name that the locals actually call it.  next time i'll be sure to give him the full name and coordinates.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and it is NOT in Almaden Vally.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top