Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2008 10:53:42 PM EDT
Hey all.

Just looking to see how many of ya are in the Kern County area of California.

Anyone here in Kern County part of a gun club?

I am looking to get into gun club shooting as I am growing tired of going out shooting on the west side of the valley.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
5 Dogs out off the 65 and Famoso,
www.5dogsrange.com/

Have a somewhat active competitive shooting schedule out there from cowboy action shooting to evil black rifle 3 gun and DCM/CMP shoots.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Sage pistol league in Ridgecrest/Inyokern.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a bit of a drive, but Bishop gun club has USPSA shoots on the second Sunday of every month. I think Sage Pistol league does it the first Sunday. We are part of area 1 and in Bishop we get the guys from Reno pretty regularly coming down. Plenty of guys from Ridgecrest show up too. Guns4Us is you local shop in Ridgecrest. Kern is a big place, what part are you in?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
North Bakersfield unfortunately
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Kernville? I've worked there a couple times. Cool little area, just a bit too big for my taste.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
North Bakersfield, as in the actual town itself?    Simply goto 5 Dogs, 20-30 minute drive.

If by that you meant North Kern County, that could mean anything from Lost Hills, to Delano, to RidgeCrest.

Anything west of the mountain ridge, 5 Dogs is likely your best bet.    In the Isabella area, no idea it's probably a toss up.   East of the mountains look for things near Ridgecrest area or Mojave.    Rosamond is a dump so I'd prefer to stay away from there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I love 5 Dogs and shoot there often.
Kern County Gun Club  is shotgun only but is a really great place to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top