Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:26:33 PM EDT
Effective approx 6-months ago Brownells will no longer ship high cap magazines to any state if the person placing the order has a billing address in Cali.

No more buying mags and having them shipped to freinds in free states as Christmas and birthday gifts. No more buying mags and having them shipped to your vacation home out of state for use there.

I was just notified on the new policy change by email this morning after i placed a small order to be shipped to my hunting property outside California in anticipation of the fall season.

It's bizarre that Brownells wont ship a PMAG to my house in Michigan but 44MAG will ship a disassembled PMAG directly to Cali. Cali laws are bad enough without dealors making it worse with policies that show they do not trust their customers to follow the law.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sadly more and more companies don't want to deal with cali laws. Even things as simple as an AR buttstock  are off limits from certain companies.

I would really hate to stop buying from Brownells as they have a crap load of gun smithing goodies I need and use.

One way around that is you could change the billing address to your out of state address and pay the bill online. I have done that in the past to have something shipped ot my AZ property. Pain in the ass but it is one way around silly rules.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't ordered from Brownells for at least six months. You're talking about magazines, not magazine parts, right?
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You're talking about magazines, not magazine parts, right?

Yes, shipped to your out of state second home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]
This policy has been in effect for MidwayUSA, Brownells and a list of others, for at least 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This policy has been in effect for MidwayUSA, Brownells and a list of others, for at least 6 months.

Did not know about midway. I've had them ship highcap mags to Michigan in the past.

shipping restrictions should be based on shipping address not billing address. Sad to see both Midway and Brownells being restrictive beyond the law.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Brownells Payment Options

The do accept Cashiers Checks and MO.

I've never used them before, but what about pre-paid credit cards being used as an option? I dunno how it would work for a billing address. Maybe CC# over the phone with one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Brownells Payment Options

The do accept Cashiers Checks and MO.

I've never used them before, but what about pre-paid credit cards being used as an option? I dunno how it would work for a billing address. Maybe CC# over the phone with one.

There are enough companies that only care about the shipping address that I'm not going to try to work around Brownells new policy. 44mag.com & DSG will get my business instead.
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll never order from them again. Why do we need more gun control laws from the libs.When we can make up our own and impose it on ourselves.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried to bid on a pistol on Gunbroker and the seller said to forget about it since I live in California
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tried to bid on a pistol on Gunbroker and the seller said to forget about it since I live in California

Unfortunately, that answer is becoming more popular as no one wants to deal with California's confusing laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top