Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 4:35:36 PM EDT
Anyone around the area? I am moving up there next week for a new posistion in my company and I have no clue where anything is right now. Gimme the run down on the city. Shooting ranges resturants etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC there is an indoor range on McHenry near the airport.
Forgot the name. Great inventory.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#2]
DT
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone around the area? I am moving up there next week for a new posistion in my company and I have no clue where anything is right now. Gimme the run down on the city. Shooting ranges resturants etc.

There's The Barnwood in Ripon, and there is also Ronning Arms on Yosemite Ave.

Link Posted: 7/28/2008 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone shop at The Sports Authority there?  good/bad points?
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
there is also a range in manteca, outdoor gun and rilfe 100yds.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is the manteca range new?
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, it's been there forever. But it has been upgraded in the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, it's been there forever. But it has been upgraded in the last couple of years.

Where exactly is it located?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

On Airport Way, out in the sticks south of Hwy. 120 and 205. I haven't been there in a year or so but it used to be pretty good.

www.mantecasportsmen.org/

eta Damn, just checked their site, the rates have almost doubled!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On Airport Way, out in the sticks south of Hwy. 120 and 205. I haven't been there in a year or so but it used to be pretty good.

www.mantecasportsmen.org/

eta Damn, just checked their site, the rates have almost doubled!

Thanks bro, that is way out in the sticks! I'll check it out next time I go visit the folks. We used to go shoot up near Knights Ferry, but that was eons ago.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]
There is Ronning Arms in Modesto, which also has an indoor range.

Barnwood Arms in Ripon, great store, also has an indoor range.

Someone already mentioned Manteca Sportsmans Club, which is a quick 15-20 minute drive from Modesto.

San Joaquin Rifle/Pistol Club in Linden, which is actually a nice range.

Oakdale Sportsman's Club.  They also host USPSA matches out there.  

There is a private range in Winton, called the River Oaks Range.  Small membership fee required, but it's a very nice, quiet little range.  They host IDPA matches out there too.  Linkage

As far as Modesto goes, there are some serious gang, drug and property crime issues.  Housing is affordable and plentiful.  Stay away from south Modesto, and west Modesto.  The north side of town is actually very nice.  Job market really depends on what you do for a living.  I'm in gov't so I have no idea what everyone else around here makes in the private sector.  Downtown Modesto has some cool bars to hang out in, big movie theater there too.  You're only 60-90 minutes from the Bay Area, Yosemite and the foothills are a short drive away too.  Reno is about three hours from here.  If you like good Mexican food, there's ton of those restaurants around town.  We have the usual chains, Olive Garden, BJ's, Johnny Carino's, In N Out Burger, Outback, Crapplebees, etc.  

Welcome.  Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any other questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top