Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:47:37 PM EDT
Hey every one
Another new California member here.  Hopefully I will be building my first California legal AR soon enough.
Does any one have any suggestions for camping and shooting in southern California?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:29:47 AM EDT
[#2]
  Welcome to California.  In San Diego Carrizo Creek range is BLM owned.  So camping and shooting is allowed.  It's rougly 70 miles east of I-8 freeway just before you hit the Imperial County line.

Pala is another but I have never been there.
ncsapala.com/index.html

Don't be surprised if you see a gray Xterra roaming around BLM area.  It's just Paul doing his usual weeked adventure.

Link Posted: 7/29/2008 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Out on the BLM land is it shooting where ever it is safe or at ranges only?
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Pretty much what Paul has stated is true.  The rangers do get tickled pink when you pick up afterwards.  I've gotten some good info of other places, BLM wise to go to from the clean up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Are there any gun shows around that are really worth going to?
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are there any gun shows around that are really worth going to?

Use to be the Cross Roads Of The West held every year in Del Mar.  The last time I was there was over ten years ago.  A buddy of mine who went two years ago was not impressed.  Maybe is you are looking for a specific part for a firearm might be worth it.
     Another one in Pomona.  But I've never been there.  Supposedly that's bigger than the Del Mar show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top