Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2007 4:35:27 PM EDT
Hi California HTF members,

I just paid for the dealer package here on Arfcom. We are an 07 FFL Manufacturer as well holders of an 02 SOT.

We are now building AK-type rifles that are California compliant. They are standard AK rifles with flash hiders, bayonet lugs and bayonets but just no pistol grip attached. The grip, screw and base are included but can only be attached if a 10-round magazine is permanently attached. I will be posting all the details and prices in the EE.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7483/ca762wr1.jpg

Additionally, we have our own line of AR15 receivers and they are, of course, off-list lowers. Initially we will only be selling the receivers but will offer complete rifles for those that don't have the experience or ability to build their own. They can be ordered with a fixed magazine or with the Monster Man grip and a detachable 10-round magazine.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4804/hdirightmodio6.jpg

Lastly, there were some requests on the Calguns forum to convert some .22lr WASR rifles. Because these rifles are centerfire rifles they can have the pistol grip, bayonet lug, flash hider and detachable 10-round magazine. These will also have polymer furniture and refinished with molyresin. I will post more information on them as we go.

BTW, I have been posting here on Arfcom as DoctorCheney223 for quite some time.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
We are now building AK-type rifles that are California compliant. They are standard AK rifles with flash hiders, bayonet lugs and bayonets but just no pistol grip attached.

No flash hiders, only brakes.

Great news! Dealers both out of state and here need to realize this isn't a grey area but very clearly legal.

Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sweetness - congratulations on the dealer account.

Link Posted: 11/15/2007 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you want any grips to put on your rifles for CA.  I have grips for both the AR and AK.

Link Posted: 11/16/2007 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Web site link please.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your efforts and offerings.

Quoted:
BTW, I have been posting here on Arfcom as DoctorCheney223 for quite some time.

thanks,
Ron
Did becoming a recognized dealer on AR15.com require creating another user account?  Just trying to understand...
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Did becoming a recognized dealer on AR15.com require creating another user account?  Just trying to understand...

I don't want to get my personal account tied with the business because two other people will be using this acount.

BTW, we are still waiting for the website to be completed. It's already registered as www.hendersondefense.com.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Congratulations! Any 'hint' of what that AK is going for?

You need to pop over to the "other forum" a bit more. He's got them listed at $475 for a 47 and $575 for a 74. Let's just say someone on this thread have already placed an order. From the pictures they look to be on par with anything else out there for $100-$200 less.
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The above prices are correct. Today I am ordering 10-round magazines, magazine locks and Monsterman grips to give you guys some variety.

What do you think of a Khyber Pass AK with a fixed 10-round magazine and the stock set in the open position. I was planning on a putting a small tack weld on the inside portion of the folding mechanism that could be removed if you ever decided to leave California. Also, the magazine would be a 30-rounder that has been converted to 10 rounds.

It would look just like similar to this. Of course the magazine would be an original metal magazine that has been converted and fixed to the rifle.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/615/kpfinalab4.jpg

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 11/19/2007 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#11]
 If it were to look similar to that then it would look exactly perfect! I suspect a line is forming somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool.

The .22 rifles sound great!
Just when I thought that I could finally pay off my debts.
I hate you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Uhm ... OK. No bashing or anything with in , but I just have to ask.....How exactly do you load a fixed mag ak anyway ?

Link Posted: 11/21/2007 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#14]
You can either open the weapon up and feed through the top or use a tool and remove the magazine and load the magazine and re-insert the magazine like a normal weapon. Just an extra step.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sweetness! Grab a MonsterMan grip and I can use all my pre-ban AK magazines.

With the prices of ammo so stupid high I'm now willing to go over to the dark side.

Paul, I'll be bringing one of the AK74 from Henderson Defense to the charity shoot. I am going all Com-Bloc this year: CZ52, CZ82, M38, AK74.

When I bought a dozen Izhmash AK74 mags in the mid 90's during one of the old Crossroads show held at Angel Stadium I though I would never use them. Now a decade later, all sort of "ban" are enacted in California and here I am with a quality AK74 and a few cases of super cheap 5.45.

Ban, what ban?
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the support, it's too bad most companies don't understand that there is a huge market in CA for these kinds of rifles.

"BRD" takes hold over here too, we just have to do things a little different to stay legal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:07:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The above prices are correct. Today I am ordering 10-round magazines, magazine locks and Monsterman grips to give you guys some variety.

What do you think of a Khyber Pass AK with a fixed 10-round magazine and the stock set in the open position. I was planning on a putting a small tack weld on the inside portion of the folding mechanism that could be removed if you ever decided to leave California. Also, the magazine would be a 30-rounder that has been converted to 10 rounds.

It would look just like similar to this. Of course the magazine would be an original metal magazine that has been converted and fixed to the rifle.

img132.imageshack.us/img132/615/kpfinalab4.jpg

thanks,
Ron

I want one, how much?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Ron,

We need you to make an Armalite AR10-compatible lower, esp for CA...  Here's the reasons...

• Armalite AR10s are banned in CA by name, Armalite will not change its model
    marks; Eagle AR10s are still Armalite AR10s and would be considered 'listed' here

• DPMS won't remove the 'Panther" markings & logo from their LR308 stuff, so it's
    still 'listed'; their uppers don't offer chrome-lined bbls, and uppers aren't Armalite compatible.

• Fulton, even though legal/unlisted, left a bad taste in CA gun community due to atrocious conduct early in the "off list" saga.  It's a DPMS clone.

• the DPMS/etc solution doesn't allow use of Armalite uppers w/chromed bbls,
    and which have now had over a decade of proven service

• Bushmaster 308 designs had problems w/breaking bolts, and I think RRA's
    derivative 308 is still non-shipping vaporware;

• Hesse/Vulcan lowers are drying up in supply, were of poor (but manageable)
    quality and required a tad of work to get going w/Armalite uppers.

Californians will buy these 308 Armalite-compatible lowers at high markup.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top