Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 7:06:18 PM EDT
.......but seriously

after reading this thread. linky I thought how appropriate.

funny story. yesterday i open the store i work at. the first cashier arrives and i grab my ice tea and head towards the door with my ciggy getting ready to start the day. on my way to the front automatic sliding door i see someone heading towards me. i think nothing of it and move to the door to open it. the guy is wearing sunglasses and a parka and upon closer inspection i see his face is covered.

the guy lifts his parka and pulls out a small j-frame revolver. he's expecting the door to open so he waits a sec then goes over to the other door to try and jerk it open.

little does he know that i make no exeptions when i open the doors exactly at 7:00am.......         it was 6:57    

i'm already far from the door and am calling 911.

officers arrive 5 minutes later. take my statement, and a copy of the DVR.

what bothered me the most was that he had zip ties in his left hand. he had already figured this one out and had everything planned.... except the door.

hold on...... that story wasn't so funny.

(Update)

Not much of a update but i just got the call today that he robbed a CVS store down the street from us.

I'm really freaking out now! I can't have guns at work and we are unable to acquire an armed security guard. My vest is a slight comfort but the whole tied up thing really gets to me.

It seems that the only options left are either leave my job or go to work "packing" in secret and I don't even want to entertain that kind of thought.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No draw down?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So tomorrow you're bringing a gun to work, right?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
well i got 3 days off.

but i'm bringing my vest in... just in case.

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of store and where is it? Boy, if this guy come to the "store" I worked at... At any given time he will be looking down the barrel of a 1911 .45, Glock 22, SIG P226/P229 .40... depending on who's working that day
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#6]
oh well might as well spit it out....

I am a assistant manager at ........... walgreens

...................that left a bad taste in my mouth

Always wanted to say i worked as a gunsmith or was an armorer to SEB or something.
i'll keep dreaming.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Always wanted to say i worked as a gunsmith or was an armorer to SEB or something.
i'll keep dreaming.

Nothing wrong with making an honest living.  Do you mind saying which city this happened in?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a shame that corporate stores usually don't let their employees carry gun, open or conceal; that's the same reason gang bangers was able to target Turner's because their employees can't carry a gun.  Glad that you are okay though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
well i got 3 days off.

but i'm bringing my vest in... just in case.

Your vest isn't worth shit when you're zip-tied up, immobile, and shot execution style.

Best of luck, I hope the shibag doesn't come back.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yeah but as I told you before... You have the world's ULTIMATE job...

Too bad this job is only side/fun job... if it's paying as much as my weekday job, I'd be quitting my weekday job in a blink.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'll keep dreaming.

Nothing wrong with making an honest living.  Do you mind saying which city this happened in?

Eagle Rock.

don't visit me!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#13]
oxy?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
There was a couple of stores hit like that but it was for whatever they could snatch.

from what i hear this guy has been around.
he's hit the pasadena store, a motel down the street, and another CVS as well.

I'm going in tommorow with my level2. i may be a little stiff but i'll feel better though...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I can't have guns at work

go to work "packing" in secret and I don't even want to entertain that kind of thought.

Why can't you have a gun at work?
It is legal in California for crying out loud.
Why would you not entertain that option?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

go to work "packing" in secret and I don't even want to entertain that kind of thought.

although it is legal in california, it is against company policy. so i lose either way.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Corporation are protecting themselves from law suits, the chance of them allowing employees to carry gun is slim to none. Since the law only allow the business owner and employees to carry with express permission from business owner, employees carry w/o permission of business owner (in this case, CVS corporation) is violation of law, employees caught carrying will be fired and prosecuted as far as I know.

Good luck sysops, you really going to need it. Hope LE catch this POS fast.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

although it is legal in california, it is against company policy. so i lose either way.

Naaa......I don't think so

Your choices of keeping your job or quiting....

Keep your job, carry protection.

Best scenario, nothing happens and all is peechy keen (most likely).

Worse case scenario you protect yourself and you get fired (very unlikely).

Other option you quit your job..

Best case scenario, you get a better job (quite possible).

Worst case scenario you loose your job, are unable to get another one. Your family breaks apart from all the squabling about money. The divorce lawyer ends up garnishing 150% of all future wages. The kids see you as a bum. You become an alcoholic and die of liver disease at a premature age. (quite possilbe as well for anyone turning tale and running).

Be an optimist. The choice will be obvious then.

Only caveat is if you choose to carry protection, I hope you are disciplined and not prone to panic and not prone to using drugs or alcohol and not quick to anger. If so then I would probably recommend the latter as you could end up hurting an innocent person.

Be very serious about what you do if you decide to carry protection as some people will only get themselves into trouble by doing so. We can only hope those folks have enough sense to know not to.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I manage a pharmacy in West Los Angeles.  We have had reports of a few other pharmacies in the L.A. proper area being hit as well.  Money, drugs and guns waving.

If he tried it once, he will probably try it again.

Eric  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:54:09 AM EDT
[#21]

It seems that the only options left are either leave my job or go to work "packing" in secret and I don't even want to entertain that kind of thought.

Whats wrong with either of these options?

If you love this job, I would go agains company policy.

If you're indifferent to the job, jobs are dime a dozen.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

3rd option:  How about continue to work in fear?  

Don’t go against company policy and start packing.  Too much liability and things will escalate.
It all depends on you and your job.

I knew a guy that carried his G19 everyday working at Home Depot.  I avoided him when he started asking “What?” to anyone that looked at him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top