Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 4:14:25 PM EDT
Sigh, antburners are an interesting distraction in this cyber community. I don't know how some of you veterans put up with this, day in and day out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's amazing how stupid people are - complete and total ignorance.

I don't even have it on "My Board" any more.

When the idiot up in the bay area tried to pass a law on spanking it went like 20 pages ... when she retracted it ... not a word was spoken.

When Maryland legislators, under the guise of battling assault weapons; again introduced a bill to ban many semi-automatic rifles and pistols in that state. Included in the ban, among other things, are semi-auto rifles and pistols with magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds ... did you all see the massive numbers of posts?  

How about Virgina state legislators beginning to push to close the so-called gun show loophole by regulating private sales of firearms at gun show. Jim Sollo, vice president of Virginian Against Handgun Violence said "We're going to keep bining this bill up until it does pass." The posts in the general discussion were amazing (amazingly abscent!).

When a bunch of stupid kids beat some other ones they get probation - the pages of general discussion were amazingly insightful and commenting on California's lack of punishment of these "hard core" children. Two days later some gang members were sent to jail for MORE THAN EIGHT HUNDRED YEARS ... and not a word was spoken.

When Texas the leglisature proposes some serious gun control banning gun control the general discussion runs almost two pages worth with several people blaming Californians.

Stupid fools.  

Do you have links to those articles? They could be excellent candidates for my plan to show how stupid the GDers are..
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I think some antburner must have shit on that DL post.  There was some good info in there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have lived in many places during my lifetime and visited many more.  Everywhere I've been there has been racism and bigotry and stupidity.  It has been my experience that it is the ones with the least experience, the least well-traveled and the least educated who are the worst.  It is not always so, as no gross generalization is ever always true.  

ETA - I have met some real crumbs in every walk of life, even some older, more experienced, well educated, well traveled and affluent.  Prejudice and bigotry knows no bounds.

When I lived in Georgia and South Carolina we were "yankees".  When I lived in New York we were "hillbillies".  When I moved to California we were NOT "natives" or "locals".  

When you have not, you want.  Jealousy is a terrible thing, one of the seven deadly sins.  California is a great state.  Many are jealous of it.

My parting shot (albeit only slightly related), "white flight" has destroyed most of our inner cities.  It has turned them over to be "ruled" by the richest and inhabited by the poorest.  It is, basically, a national disgrace.  It was not always this way.  Some of our worst slums were once thriving, upscale, well-to-do neighborhoods where people could walk to work and greet their neighbors.  Now, the are desolate, fear-ridden places because all the good people have gone.  The idea that we should "move to a free state" is cowardice, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#6]
What's a GD, DU, DL?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
General Discussion (forum at ARFCOM

Democratic Underground  - a forum that's the antithesis of ARFCOM

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
DL is Disneyland.  I happen to have a very close personal friend that works there.  Somebody from NM asked some questions about it regarding an upcoming visit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top