Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 10:05:57 AM EDT
I recently talked to a guy who is an FFL mediator for an FFL, who shall remain nameless,  selling lowers here in CA. I was asking him questions about the DROS and other DOJ stuff. He then proceed to tell me that the DROS is destroyed after 30 days and only the dealer has copies of it. Is this true? Who destroys the DROS? Does the CADOJ get copies of the DROS before destruction? If this is true, why would the CADOJ require us to register it and then destroy the records of DROS?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I recently talked to a guy who is an FFL mediator for an FFL, who shall remain nameless,  selling lowers here in CA. I was asking him questions about the DROS and other DOJ stuff. He then proceed to tell me that the DROS is destroyed after 30 days and only the dealer has copies of it. Is this true? Who destroys the DROS? Does the CADOJ get copies of the DROS before destruction? If this is true, why would the CADOJ require us to register it and then destroy the records of DROS?

What someone was saying is that the DOJ has to destroy the actual DROS paperwork within 30 days to prevent fraudulent activity from happening with your paper. That does NOT mean that they have not record any of the information to their databases, etc. Whether it is legal or not has been debated, but the simple fact is that they record your handgun information, so I wouldn't put it past them to record other information as well, even if it is for long guns.

Just don't break the law, and you will be alright. </disclaimer>
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Only handguns are registered, and that is a different database. There is no registration on long guns/receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top