Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:11:16 PM EDT
I have just moved to the North-Eastern side of San Diego (Poway area) and am looking for a decent outdoor range to do some rifle shooting at.  If anyone knows of one, please help a brother out.  I have looked at some links online, but most of them want you to pay yearly dues and get recommended by a current member.....  As I just moved here and don't know anyone, that makes it kinda hard.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
From Poway, it is a bit of a drive, but the South Bay Rod and Gun Club range located on 1020 Marron Valley Road, San Diego 91917 is probably your best bet for day use.  Main rifle range goes out to 300 yds with 30 covered firing points.  One year membership is $50, with no wait list.  You can join at the range.  Non members is $15.00 all day.  www.sbrgc.org.  619 468-3070.  Call before going out as there is maintenance/improvement being done.  From Poway, take I-15 south to I-8 east.  From 8 east, take 125 south.  From 125 south, take 94 east off ramp, turn left at the light, go under the bridge, stay in right lane and take onramp to 94 east.  Follow 94 east to Jamacha Road, and turn right at the third light to continue on the 94 east.  Continue about fifteen miles to Marron Valley road.  It is about 1.5 miles past the Dulzura Cafe.  Turn right at Marron Valley Road (dirt road...watch out for inhabitants and Border Patrol Vehicles in the area) and go two miles to the range.  Range will be on your right. Follow the signs to the main range and check in at main range RSO office.  94 is a two lane undivided rural highway with lots of truck traffic, so drive safely.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Escondido Fish&Game Assoc.. I used to belong to this range many years ago when I lived in Oceanside.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have just moved to the North-Eastern side of San Diego (Poway area)

Welcome!  Check out my range links at shooting.forsandiego.com/Ranges.html  And feel free to join the SDShooting group, too.  Every now and then, a group gets together to blast cantaloupes and old computers and stuff
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everybody for your input!  I am going to try some of these out.  I'll post the results and what my first impressions are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top