Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 12:08:04 PM EDT
I will be driving to Sacramento from Klamath Falls, OR April 22.

I know I can't bring my handgun, but can I bring my mace and knife?

I carry fox labs O.C. and a cold steel folder.

Thanks for clarification on this.

-Fidel
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I will be driving to Sacramento from Klamath Falls, OR April 22.
I can't bring my handgun, but can I bring my mace and knife?
I carry fox labs O.C. and a cold steel folder.
Thanks for clarification on this.
-Fidel

You CAN bring your handgun, as long as it's unloaded and in a locked case (i..e, isolated from ammo).

Just make sure it's not an assault weapon (i.e., threaded barrel) and that you don't bring any hicap magazines in.

I don't think "mace" is legal w/o permit, but what you refer to seems to be a pepper spray (OC), which is fine.  

Your Cold Steel folder is fine too.   CA knife laws relaxed awhile back so that any blade length for a folder is legal.  I often carry a S&W tac folder (not a topnotch knife, but pretty good, and no tears if I lose it)  with 4" blade.

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I do believe there is a 2oz limit though for pepperspray.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I do believe there is a 2oz limit though for pepperspray.

IIRC, it's actually 4oz.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Penal code 12403.7 E1-

No person shall purchase, possess, or use any tear gas weapon that expels a projectile, or that expels the tear gas by any method other than an aerosol spray, or that contains more than 2.5 ounces net weight of aerosol spray
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bring a 12 gauge and be done with it.

Might as well make it a 10 gauge and take down a couple of those T-1000's that have been roaming around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top