Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 10:26:14 PM EDT
I'm in Fresno and I went to a couple local dealers trying to order a off the list lower like a Stag-15. One dealler said he won't touch them, or any other AR-15 stuff with a 10ft pole, the other said they'll sell the fab-10 or bushmaster carbon but not the off the list lowers, but she did say 2nd Amendment is selling them.

Have any of you bought a Stag-15 or other lower from them?
What type?
How much was it?
Are there any other stores within a reasonable distance of Fresno that are selling them?

Thanks in advanced for the help.

PS- calguns.net won't let me register. It say my email is blocked by the admin? I've never been on the site before so I have no idea why my email address is blocked..
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
That's news to me that 2nd Amendment is doing transfers on them.

The shop owners are are good people, bought my Armalite AR10 from the owner in 98 when he was a little hole in the wall of the family oil pipe business across the street.    They have prospered and grown by leaps and bounds, hopefully they've gotten into the game.   The owners deserve to be rewarded for having the right kind of attitude with regards to guns, hence the name "2nd Amendment".   They moved so much damn volume in the closing months of 1999 that it is rediculous.   He had the nicest damn TNW M2HB mounted in a restored jeep as a shop display, occasionally would take it out and shoot it.

If they don't have anything though, another option is Golden Empire Arms which is also in Bakersfield.    Should be able to find him on calguns as he is a regular there.   Somebody can transfer the info over here if you can't get into the forum area, I am not sure of his actual business address and phone number(I used to have it from when I handled some of his STAG shipments that were coming through UPS).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#2]
If I'd known that I'd have bought mine from there...  News to me as well.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Send me an IM, Ive got a FFL in Fresno that does off-list transfers. He had some Stag the last time I talked to him
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I just called Second Amendment Sports and was told they have 3 California legal AR's on the wall for sale.  The employee I spoke to said the owner does not want to get involved with selling off list lowers or even doing transfers for fear of D.O.J. flip flopping and then "all our customers who bought them would be busted"

They have a very nice store with lots of stuff but apparently are not willing to test the waters on the off list lowers.

They have tons of "regular" hunting and self defense stuff (not the scary, icky black rifle stuff)
and are located at 2523 Mohawk 661 323-4512
2 or 3 miles west of S.R. 99 on S.R. 58 (Rosedale Hwy)
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Send me an IM, Ive got a FFL in Fresno that does off-list transfers. He had some Stag the last time I talked to him

IM sent

Thanks..I'll check out the options
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I encountered these guys at an exhibit and asked them point blank about buying off-list lowers. I received an ear full of the lamest excuses as to why they wouldn’t sell them; blamed all sorts of hypothetical bizarre “what if” theories. A simple “We have decided the risk is not worth the return” would have sufficed and earned my respect. I then asked if they had RKBA petitions to sign (it was before the effort had been shut down) and was told they didn’t. It's unfortunate these guys don’t live up to their store's name. I’ll pass on spending any of my money at this place.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I encountered these guys at an exhibit and asked them point blank about buying off-list lowers. I received an ear full of the lamest excuses as to why they wouldn’t sell them; blamed all sorts of hypothetical bizarre “what if” theories. A simple “We have decided the risk is not worth the return” would have sufficed and earned my respect. I then asked if they had RKBA petitions to sign (it was before the effort had been shut down) and was told they didn’t. It's unfortunate these guys don’t live up to their store's name. I’ll pass on spending any of my money at this place.

They have tons of product, but customer service and good prices were not their strong point.  My local shop did an offlist lower transfer, and has prices so good people from hours away come to buy guns from him.  The staff know me by name, and they have been great to me.

Brian
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah..I went down there and they said they won't touch them.
I think I called every dealer in Bakersfield and all I got was how it's pointless to try, you can't do it, your manufacturing an assault weapon, etc....
I'm still working on finding a dealer though...the closer to Fresno the better.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If they don't have anything though, another option is Golden Empire Arms which is also in Bakersfield.    Should be able to find him on calguns as he is a regular there.   Somebody can transfer the info over here if you can't get into the forum area, I am not sure of his actual business address and phone number(I used to have it from when I handled some of his STAG shipments that were coming through UPS).

I called him up and left a message. He hasn't called back...but I think I sounded like a cop. lol.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Check with Bear Mountain Sports in Bakersfield, contact info is on www.bearmntsports.com
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Check with Bear Mountain Sports in Bakersfield, contact info is on www.bearmntsports.com

It is in Arvin, south of Bakersfield.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I've talked to them and they have moved.

Little closer to town now located on the northern end of Lamont.   They are on weedpatch hwy which runs north/south off of the 58, pretty easy to get there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top