Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:00:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
DAMN IT!

I've been waiting like 3 months for the Para Nitehawg to go on sale, which is usually $50 off when it is on sale by name. Last week I figured screw it and I got the Sig Mosquito instead (it was a pistol I wanted also, and it went on sale). Now Every Para is $75 off?! DAMN IT!

I don't even have the money to buy it on layaway now.

Thank you bad timing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
GLOK FOTY!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've decided we need a Turners up here in the SF Bay area.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested in that G22, my second G22. The closest Turner's is about 80 miles from here, I seem to be able to get one from a local dealer for $549 through Davidson's. I wonder if it's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm Buckmark looks nice
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm interested in that G22, my second G22. The closest Turner's is about 80 miles from here, I seem to be able to get one from a local dealer for $549 through Davidson's. I wonder if it's worth it.

I don't know what you drive, but say you get 20 mpg.
That's 4 gallons each way, or $10+ each way.
2 trips (DROS and pickup) makes that $40+ in gas.

Then there's the 4 hours of driving time.

Not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't know how far you are from San Diego or have family in Law Enforcement.  There's a company called Triple EEE here in SD that sell Glocks from $400-440.  They are a local distributor for glocks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone else find it morbidly funny that a taser is double the price of every handgun on the page?

I noticed that too, except I noticed you could buy the middle row at pretty much the same cost.

The guy who invented that thing is a genius though; they train you to use it, then drop it and run while it continues to shock the person. That's like "Use your car for a year, then ditch it somewhere before it needs new tires and get a new one!". Yes there is the threat of physical harm, but outside of that it's funny to me that some people would rather throw $1,000 (plus each charge is like $50 or something silly) then let them take their wallet.

"No mugger, you can't have the $80 in my pocket, but take this $1k charger and leave me alone!"
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what you drive, but say you get 20 mpg.
That's 4 gallons each way, or $10+ each way.
2 trips (DROS and pickup) makes that $40+ in gas.

Then there's the 4 hours of driving time.

Not worth it.

yup, that's about what I get in my truck gas mileage.

There's a company called Triple EEE here in SD that sell Glocks from $400-440. They are a local distributor for glocks

I'm in Santa Barbara, not quite close. those are great prices!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone else find it morbidly funny that a taser is double the price of every handgun on the page?

I noticed that too, except I noticed you could buy the middle row at pretty much the same cost.

The guy who invented that thing is a genius though; they train you to use it, then drop it and run while it continues to shock the person. That's like "Use your car for a year, then ditch it somewhere before it needs new tires and get a new one!". Yes there is the threat of physical harm, but outside of that it's funny to me that some people would rather throw $1,000 (plus each charge is like $50 or something silly) then let them take their wallet.

"No mugger, you can't have the $80 in my pocket, but take this $1k charger and leave me alone!"

The reasoning is that since it is far less lethal than a firearm, it is more appealing to many who are afraid of guns since they won't have to face the consequnce of killing. When someone get's shot, it costs a lot to defend from a civil lawsuit, and compared to the cost of a lawyer, this is cheaper.

Also, compared to prospect of losing your life, it is cheaper too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, until the would be mugger clains muscle damage and clains he can no longer work so you have to pay for him to go on disability and then pay for him to be reeducated/trained for newer, easier, higher paying work.

Just like my cousin's boyfriend. Shocked himself working on a tractor (not sure if it was a charger, or the alternator, or something) and claimed disability. Said he got severe headaches, yet he was fine to go bow hunting.

It's California, and my family alone has been sued for much less, and irregardless of you being at fault or not, it will cost money out the ass just to have a lawyer review the case let alone actually fight it.

$1k and possible court/lawyer fees or $1k and three rounds of .45. It seems pretty simple to me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#14]
For Gudel in Santa Barbara:
There is an FFL in Ventura, I think his name is uncle Mikes or something like that, he is on Scandia Drive in East VTA. He will beat any of those prices. I'm looking for his name now, email me if you are interested. I bought a Khar through him, via internet, when I told him how much I paid (lowest price in Gunbroker) he said he could have done better!!

found the info:
Paul
Uncle Paul's Exchange
1107 Scandia Ave. Unit A
Ventura, CA 93004
phone: 805-302-1809
cellular: 805-302-1809
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For Gudel in Santa Barbara:
There is an FFL in Ventura, I think his name is uncle Mikes or something like that, he is on Scandia Drive in East VTA. He will beat any of those prices. I'm looking for his name now, email me if you are interested. I bought a Khar through him, via internet, when I told him how much I paid (lowest price in Gunbroker) he said he could have done better!!

found the info:
Paul
Uncle Paul's Exchange
1107 Scandia Ave. Unit A
Ventura, CA 93004
phone: 805-302-1809
cellular: 805-302-1809

thanks photog! do you know if he's got email or website? I just might visit Paul to see what he's got.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having been issued a Taser, and having seen and felt the effects of the X26 Taser firsthand, this is an excellent less lethal defense tool. Taser International will replace your Taser free of charge if you use it in a self defense capacity and send them a copy of the police report.

Tim
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having been issued a Taser, and having seen and felt the effects of the X26 Taser firsthand, this is an excellent less lethal defense tool. Taser International will replace your Taser free of charge if you use it in a self defense capacity and send them a copy of the police report.

Tim

I actually knew they replaced the tazers when used properly, it's one of the things I found out while looking into getting one for my fiancee; but everyone knows exaggerations are funnier than facts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top