Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 11:39:11 AM EDT
I'll be moving to Lemoore soon to be stationed at NAS Lemoore. Anyone know of a good place to live? I know a lot of guys live in Hanford. I'm single, looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hanford is your best bet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Try to find someplace that doesn't smell like a dairy, but thats easier said than done. That whole area is one big cow pasture. Find a place that has GOOD A/C, as the summers are brutal hot. Find a place that has trees areound it to block the wind. Look around the block at the neighbors house, as all that area is turning into Fresno (whose claim to fame is murder, heat and raisins). LOTS of meth labs in the area. I never lived there, but have had to work there, and I can't say many good things about that whole central valley. Lots of rednecks, and lots of poverty, all right around the corner from nice housing developments. As I have moved many times now, I think its better to live in a motel for an extra few weeks than make a rush decision on a rental house/apt. Many people commute from distant areas in the central valley, making driving tough in the rush hours. Cities like Tulare are growing way too fast for the road building to keep up. If you do find a place outside of the city, be really carefull of the meth labs or working dairy, you don't want to get caught up near one. Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lots of rednecks, and lots of poverty, all right around the corner from nice housing developments.

Sounds like Mississippi. Great.

Thanks for the info though. I have heard of high crime rates in the area, notably Fresno. I've been told not really to venture there at night.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lots of rednecks, and lots of poverty, all right around the corner from nice housing developments.

Sounds like Mississippi. Great.

Thanks for the info though. I have heard of high crime rates in the area, notably Fresno. I've been told not really to venture there at night.

Damn ya'll make it sound like a war zone. Its not bad at all, I grew up in Visalia/Tulare and now am in Fresno. There arent any problems unless you go to the skum parts of town at 0200. Otherwise its just liek any other city.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
True, its not unlike other cities in Kali, where the cruddy parts of town are right next to where new houses are going up. Maybe  the central valley is not THAT bad, but you should keep your eyes open when looking for a place to live. As agriculture is the major money maker in the area, there are a lot of illegals and low income wage earners. take a look at the current numbers www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Fresno&state=CA
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll plan on living in Hanford.

Seems like Fresno has a buttload of decent restaurants, just by looking online. Can't be all bad
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a resident Lemoron. It's not all bad. Hanford has possibly the worst water on the planet. Lemoore has plenty of apartments. There are some nice "luxury duplexes right around the corner from my house. 2 bed-2 bath brand new, garage, small back yard etc. I don't know where you are from, but Lemoore is a small town. I came here as a military brat and never left.  It's in the middle of nowhere, but in the middle of everywhere. You literally can snow ski and surf the same day. LA and SF are only 3 hrs. Sequoia and Yosemite are 2-3 hrs. Email if you have questions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You literally can snow ski and surf the same day.

That's true of most areas of LA. I used to live one hour from the snow and one hour from the beach. You really could surf and ski the same day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top