Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:47:03 AM EDT
I'm moving to a city that has an AWB much like yours and i'm limited to a Mini 14 with mags under 12 rounds.

Since no one makes a 12 round mini mag, I guess i'm limited to 10's.
Can you guys suggest a good 10 round Mini 14 mag?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck with Pro-mags and john masen magazines.  Stay away from anything made by "Western"  they were junk.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Normally I run away from anything with ProMag on it, but when it comes to the Mini14 10 round market, there are not a lot of options. I have both the Promag and John Masen. They both have performed well in my mini14. This may sound like blashphemy, but I actually prefer the Promag over the John Masen, because the black mag on the Masen is sprayed on paint that chips away quickly. Plus the Masen is one inch longer (can get in the way on bench shooting).

How old is your Mini? Most of the problems of 10 round mags fitting and not holding the bolt open, IIRC are with the older mini's.

My series starts with:  #197.

I think PMI makes one of the best 10rnd mags, problem is, they are no longer in production, so you will have to search the used market for the PSI.PMI
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Consider the 10rd Ruger PMI mags, they are suppose to work the best.

Oops, I always thought Ruger made 10rd mags. Checked their web site and only 5rd mags.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Consider the 10rd Ruger mags, they are suppose to work the best.

I've never ever seen a 10rnd Ruger mag.  Are you making this up?

Brian

I called Ruger, the lady said no Ruger 10 round Mini-14 magazines have been made.  If they had she wasn't aware of it.  None are available, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never seen a 10 round ruger either. The 5 round ruger works flawlessly in my mini-14..but it is a 5 round mag sigh...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, Ruger did make a 10 Round Mini 14 mag very early on, but they are considered quite collectable.

You see them from time to time on Gunbroker and they usually bring $75-$100.
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43323497
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If you remove the follower from the JOHN MASEN mag and put a ruger factory follower it will hold 12 rounds. Consult your local gun laws first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you remove the follower from the JOHN MASEN mag and put a ruger factory follower it will hold 12 rounds. Consult your local gun laws first.

My local gun laws happen to stipulate 12 rounds
Now THAT is great information!!

Looks like John Masen mags it is...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If the Ruger 5 round mag is compared to the 10 round ProMag you will see the most similarities. The best site for Mini 14 topics is

www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=86
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top