Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:13:25 PM EDT

All I can think of is the SU16, I was wondering if there was any rifles like the mini14/30 that accept ar15/ak47 mags.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The only other rifle I know of that accepts AR mags is Volquartsen's upcoming rifle, pricey though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't Beretta coming out with a sporter stocked Storm style rifle that uses AR magazines?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't that Robinson M96? or whatever the hell it is take AR mags?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Doesn't that Robinson M96? or whatever the hell it is take AR mags?

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The only other rifle I know of that accepts AR mags is Volquartsen's upcoming rifle, pricey though.

Whats this?  I hadnt heard anything about a new rifle from them? Got a link?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's not forget the PAR-1 (pump AK) contraption.  Never handled one but heard they're less than desirable partly due to the awkwardness when pumping the slide.   Apparently you had to pump against the pressure of the return spring.  Doesn't sound too smooth.    
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The Remington 7615P pump action also takes AR mags.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
About the Beretta, I just talked to my dealer, who talked to his distributer about getting one the Rx-4 (223 carbine). Evedenally, the rifle did not function as expected, and is going back for re-design. Also, the redesign will include the cosmetics, so......sounds to me like it didn't market test well enough. Give it a year or so, start saving your pennys (you'll need lots of them).
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats this?  I hadnt heard anything about a new rifle from them? Got a link?

I'd never heard of it either but google served me well.  $1900MSRP seems a bit steep if you're looking for a fun range and closet gun.  Doesn't seem that's the market this rifle is aimed at.  Seems like a nice, accurate varmiter though.

Volquartsen Evolution

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#11]
ya its kinda odd that they would make a high end semi that would take AR15 mags. It seems that that rifle is pushed for the varminter crowd, which I doubt with be sticking 30rd mags in that badboy. Although if I had the money I'd buy it in .204. That would be a fun squirrel gun
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ya its kinda odd that they would make a high end semi that would take AR15 mags. It seems that that rifle is pushed for the varminter crowd, which I doubt with be sticking 30rd mags in that badboy. Although if I had the money I'd buy it in .204. That would be a fun squirrel gun

Surprised no one has yet to copy a Mini-14 receiver designed to use the AR mag.  I would expect it to out sell the mini-14.  Maybe one day...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Surprised no one has yet to copy a Mini-14 receiver designed to use the AR mag.  I would expect it to out sell the mini-14.  Maybe one day...

Surely somebody, somewhere makes an AR mag adapter for the mini-14.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Alright,  I'll play.  This is a Proto-Type we are working on,  hope to be available in CA when all testing and bugs are worked out.  The thread is on CalGuns.
CA Project
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/6ppc/Picture_0607.jpg
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's actually on my list of things to do, but I want to make it use AR barrels also to end the whole Mini barrel argument.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#16]
In regards to the CA Prototype project:
Forgive me of my ignorance but isn't that lower rifle a CA "AW" by definition?  I see the detachable magazine, and a bayonet lug.  Am I confused?

Brian
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Forgive me of my ignorance but isn't that lower rifle a CA "AW" by definition?  I see the detachable magazine, and a bayonet lug.  Am I confused?

Brian

Yes, you are confused.  :)

Bayonet lugs were only banned by the now expired Federal Ban, not the California Bans.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Yes, you are confused.  :)

Bayonet lugs were only banned by the now expired Federal Ban, not the California Bans.

I should have looked it up.  You are correct.  It's all senseless anyway, I guess you can have a bayonet lug, but so help you if you have a flash hider!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top