Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 10:01:25 AM EDT
i saw this in the nra email newsletter and thought i'd share it with the group...

NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 13, No. 10 03/10/06

CALIFORNIA JUDGE DISMISSES SUIT
THANKS TO "PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT"

On Monday, Federal District Court Judge Audrey B. Collins used the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" as the basis for dismissal of a reckless "public-nuisance" lawsuit against firearm manufacturer Glock and distributor RSR.  In doing so, Judge Collins became the first judge in the country to use the new law to counter the anti-gun lobby's shameless attempts to hold the lawful firearm industry responsible for the acts of criminals.

The suit sought to blame Glock and RSR for the horrendous criminal actions of deranged white supremacist Buford Furrow.  In 1999, Furrow shot and killed postal worker Joseph Ileto, and wounded three children at a Jewish Community Center in Grenada Hills, California, after illegally acquiring firearms.  What is not often reported is that, while a Glock pistol was used in Furrow's heinous crime, the gun was originally sold to a police department, which subsequently sold it to a licensed dealer, who in turn sold it to a collector, who finally sold it to Furrow.  Glock is being targeted, but did nothing illegal, and RSR never owned, sold, or possessed the firearm.

"It is fitting that this case was the first ever dismissed based on the 'Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act' because the facts made this case the poster child for passage of common sense legal reform," said Lawrence G. Keane, Senior Vice President and General Counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
↑↑↑

You'll not see that in the General Discussion forum.

Actually it WAS in the GD just the other day.

I'm still trying to find it. It had a title like "finally" or "for once" or similar.. It didn't hint as to what was inside.

Found it. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=444906 Dare I call dupe?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top