Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 7:01:09 PM EDT
does the california AWB have an experation date like the federal one did or is it forever written
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It is forever written until some new legislation voids it.. which might as well mean "forever."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It's there until a law is passed to repeal it. There's no sunset to the ban.

Push your legislators to vote for the ban repeal when it comes around again, and please sign the petition to add 2A-type language to our state constitution.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Early on when the SB23 bill was passed, Geof Metcalf of radio station KSFO-S.F. CA tried to get a 2nd Amend passed on a propposition, we couldn't get enough signatures and so that idea died.  There is not enough gun owner interest in this stuff.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
no
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
No. The Fed AWB probably wouldn't have passed if it didn't have an expiration date.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is forever written until some new legislation voids it.. which might as well mean "forever."

Or throw it out using the courts
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, thats why everyone is picking up ar15 lowers .  We found a way where we might be able to sunset the ban for a few days and add a few thousand rifles to the list.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
It's an AW eclipse!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#11]
The AWB in California will never go away.  There are not enough gun owners in California who care about having high cap clips.  Most people don't really care if they have only a 10 rd clip in their handgun.  The people here are just an extremly small minority that will not make a difference even if everyone here were to sign a petition.  People who care about AR15 with removable mags or high cap clips are only a small niche of the the gun owners in California.  Your better off moving to another state if you want such a rifle or hi cap clips or .50 BMG.

But I got this crazy plan that may just succeed.  If you were to buy and offer free AR15 to everyone in California maybe that would swade the legislature.  But if you did that every gang banging mofo out there would have one.  Double edge sword.  Does the cost out weigh the rewards?  Nope.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
But I got this crazy plan that may just succeed.  If you were to buy and offer free AR15 to everyone in California maybe that would swade the legislature.  But if you did that every gang banging mofo out there would have one.  Double edge sword.  Does the cost out weigh the rewards?  Nope.

How would you do that since sales of real AR15's has been banned in CA for 6 years?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The AWB in California will never go away.  There are not enough gun owners in California who care about having high cap clips.  Most people don't really care if they have only a 10 rd clip in their handgun.  The people here are just an extremly small minority that will not make a difference even if everyone here were to sign a petition.  People who care about AR15 with removable mags or high cap clips are only a small niche of the the gun owners in California.  Your better off moving to another state if you want such a rifle or hi cap clips or .50 BMG.

What are you smoking?

The AWB is about a lot more than "clips" (don't get me started on THAT pet peeve) and after that point was failed to be made, it goes into senseless babble. What the heck?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Easy you pay millions of dollars to radio shows, tv commericals, billboards that say hey Jackasses sign the petition to add 2nd amendment rights to the State constitution and when it gets passed you will get a free AR15 courtesy of guy who has lots of money.

I'm pretty sure if you did that it would get added to the state constitution.  It could just say you will get a free glock, kimber or some shit like that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Early on when the SB23 bill was passed, Geof Metcalf of radio station KSFO-S.F. CA tried to get a 2nd Amend passed on a propposition, we couldn't get enough signatures and so that idea died.  There is not enough gun owner interest in this stuff.

Funny how there's never a lack of people bitching about, or finding ways to circumvent, SB23 after it's passed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny how there's never a lack of people bitching about, or finding ways to circumvent, SB23 after it's passed.

That's a pretty small minority, most people don't want to get invovled, and that is that.  Early on Chaingun and I travelled all over So. Calif trying to gather signatures, and we see all of the same people all of the time, no more than 5-10 people, maybe max 20, and that is it for the whole So. Calif area.  Lots of people bitch and moan, but that's it.  There is just not enough people to be really really interested.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Not really interested in or worried abouit how many rds. my mag will hold. If 10 it is then 10 it could be. I just want to be abl e to register the lowers that I f-ed up and didn't back when I had the chance to do so and thumbed my nose at them and told myself that I wasn't going to re-register something that the bastards new I already had. I had no idea what the law was or how it read. Nobody to blame but myself and I am not. However I have heard that there is something in the wind that there is a possibility that I just might be able to bring them back and get them registered afterall. There are one or maybe two things pending that might bring that aroiund. Does anybody know about this?

Issue:   ASSAULT WEAPONS (Haynes)

Description:   Existing law, subject to exceptions, generally prohibits possession of assault weapons, unless registration and other criteria have been met, as specified. Existing law also authorizes permits for assault weapons, as specified. Possession of an assault weapon in violation of these provisions is a crime.
This bill would revise permit and registration procedures for assault weapons obtained from interstate succession and assault weapons being brought into the state by person moving into the state, and for other persons wishing to acquire an assault weapon, as specified. The procedures would in part require a person who wishes to acquire, or who is bringing into the state, as specified, an assault weapon, to obtain a permit from the Department of Justice and to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility. The bill would require issuance of the permit for an assault weapon if the Certificate of Eligibility is issued. The bill would make prompt compliance with the permit process by licensed firearms dealers a condition of licensure. The bill would authorize additional transfers of assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles by licensed firearms dealers, in specified circumstances.

This bill amends Sections 12285, 12286, and 12290 of the Penal Code, relating to assault weapons.

And This One...

Issue:   "AW" BAN REPEAL (La Suer)

Description:   Existing law defines assault weapons, and generally regulates the sale, transport, possession, and registration of assault weapons.
Existing law also establishes various offenses in connection with violations of these provisions.

This bill would repeal those provisions.

Action needed:   None at this time

Details:   AB 448 stalled in the Assembly Public Safety Committee last year and may return in 2006.
This bill would repeal Chapter 2.3 (commencing with Section 12275) of Title 2 of Part 4 of the Penal Code, relating to assault weapons. Sponsored by long-time Second Amendment supporter Assemblyman La Suer (R, La Mesa), this bill is long overdue. NRA is 1000% in support of AB 448.

I don't have enough knowledge admitedly to know if this will bring around what I would like to see for myself but for others as well. If anyone can elaborate, I would be grateful.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Cleeps, cleeps, Loosey He said cleeps.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Cleeps, cleeps, Loosey He said cleeps.

No kidding
::knock knock knock knock:::
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Reply or Ridicule... Ridicule or Reply. lets see what is easiest and what am I capable of...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top