Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:49:04 AM EDT
with my offlist lower can i legally put an upper with a threaded barrel on it?
thanx
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you build it with a fixed magazine, yes. It can have a pistol grip threaded barrel for flash hider, etc.

If you build it with a removable mag, it can't have a threaded barrel or flash hider, or pistol grip or collapsible stock. You can get a muzzle brake put on it, IF it is permanently attached. I think.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Threaded barrel is NOT an evil feature on SB23 weapons. Flash hider is evil, the threads are not.

Evil features (you are allowed none):
pistol grip,
thumbhole stock
flash hider
folding, collapsable stock
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Threaded barrel is NOT an evil feature on SB23 weapons. Flash hider is evil, the threads are not.

Good point, I must've been thinking of the pistol section  where they mention the threaded barrel part specifically. You might  get hassled if you have a threaded barrel, and a flash hider close by.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
This list doesn't apply if you have a "pinned" 10 round magazine in place though, right?? Am I correct.....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This list doesn't apply if you have a "pinned" 10 round magazine in place though, right??
Am I correct.....

No, you are not correct.

The pinned magazine or any lack of  features do NOT remove the assault weapons status from any listed or 'named' model - that is, if it is listed by exact make & model on the Kasler list, you can't have it.  (If you do, it must've been legally reg'd as an AW back  in 2000.)

Only if it's not listed can you begin to play the features game...

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top