just wondering if its legal for usins?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Not for civies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not for civies.

Wrong, Berette showed off a California legal version of the RX-4 storm at the SHOT show.  It features a tradditional stock, polymer 10 round magazine (it will also accept standard AR-15/M-16 mags), and a 16 inch barrel.

Law Enforcement/Government sales will be focused on for the upcomming months.  After that the RX-4 will become available for civies.  This rifle is comming to California in the future.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you have the rifles confused shopkeep. The storm (CX4/PX4) is not legal to sell to civilians in CA. The RX4 (the one that accepts ar mags)  is the one that has a possible CA legal configuration. It will take a long time to be available though...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not for civies.

Wrong, Berette showed off a California legal version of the RX-4 storm at the SHOT show.  It features a tradditional stock, polymer 10 round magazine (it will also accept standard AR-15/M-16 mags), and a 16 inch barrel.

Law Enforcement/Government sales will be focused on for the upcomming months.  After that the RX-4 will become available for civies.  This rifle is comming to California in the future.

You're the one that's a bit confused.

The question was about the pistol caliber CX4 Storm CARBINE which is not legal.

The RX4 Storm RIFLE in .223, IS a different beast altogether, but it should be available in a CA SB23 compliant version.

I haven't looked at one yet, but the PX4 Storm Pistol is supposed to be a good handgun.

Get the drift of Beretta's marketing plan? C = Carbine, R = Rifle, P = Pistol.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#6]
So how goofy does a CA compliant RX-4 with a 16" barrel look?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]
There's still a way to get the CX-4 carbine into California lawfully.  Just do what everyone is doing to get everything else into the state: pin the mag and handload from the ejection port.  True, it's a pain... but it does produce a Cali-Legal CX-4.  Of course you would either need to do the modification out of state yourself or have someone else do it for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Look at the middle rifle in the second image of my post. That would be the CA legal configuration. Spoke to someone that handled it at SHOT. They said it felt very good in their hands. And AFAIK it takes AR15 mags.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the middle rifle in the second image of my post. That would be the CA legal configuration. Spoke to someone that handled it at SHOT. They said it felt very good in their hands. And AFAIK it takes AR15 mags.

Yeah, it takes AR mags, and a few people handled it at SHOT and said it was nice.  Here's some pics someone posted:

sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/800105194
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#10]
i think i saw the cx4 carbine at a range once couple months back...  it might be shooting .22s? i just walked by it and glanced.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i think i saw the cx4 carbine at a range once couple months back...  it might be shooting .22s? i just walked by it and glanced.

Perfectly fine for LEO.

Peasants, peons and subjects need not apply.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point being that the above pictured rifle does NOT have a 16" barrel.

The Shot Show link does show a 16" barrel.

It is now on my short list.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

~$950 and some time till it is available...  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem with the RX4 is the Cali stock is really a Benneli shotgun stock. Just like the Sage EBR Cali stock for M1A, the LOF is very long and the grip is more suited for shotgun style shooting. However, as soon as the RX4 hits the market, I've already lined up someone to make a much better stock for it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~$950 and some time till it is available...  I can't wait.

Yeah the price is up there but really not too bad.

I looked at a Benelli whatever the hell newer model it is that does .308 at the Cow Palace show two weekends ago and I fell in love. Just didn't have $1,000.00 at the time to spend. Too many lowers and uppers in the past few months have destroyed the budget.

Looks like I have another upcoming budget crisis on the horizon. I love this stuff!

WOOHOO!!!

It's only money. I'll make more.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#16]

OK WHY is this NOT legal in CA? What makes it different than lets say a 92FS?

Is it mag capacity?

Its magazine in is the pistol grip LIKE the 92FS

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.cx4storm.com/Moduli/ContentManager/publicimg/immagini/ergonomicalast.jpg

Is it mag capacity?

www.beretta.com/dati/ImmaginiProdottiBeretta%5C2%5C20_elenco.jpg

It's considered a rifle because of the stock so must abide by the bullshit rifle "AW" laws.  In short, it has a detachable mag and thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it mag capacity?

It's considered a rifle because of the stock so must abide by the bullshit rifle "AW" laws.  In short, it has a detachable mag and thumbhole stock.

OH FUCK ME RUNNIN!

what a bunch of buffoonery!

Who the FUCK voted these people in??
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it mag capacity?

Would'nt it make the Walther G22 illegal then? Turners currently has them on sale. It has a thumbhole stock and a detachable mag.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it mag capacity?

Would'nt it make the Walther G22 illegal then? Turners currently has them on sale. It has a thumbhole stock and a detachable mag.

www.turners.com/engage/ads/02-23-06/walther.gif

No because the G22 doesnt shoot centerfire ammo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it mag capacity?

www.turners.com/engage/ads/02-23-06/walther.gif

Rimfire is exempt from ca AW laws where rifle are concerned. That is why the G22 from walther and the R-22 from rhineland arms are perfectly legal here.

Pete

ETA: Beaten by 20 seconds
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmmm.... we may not be able to have the CX, but can anyone say Marlin Camp.  Not knowing the inside of the thing... wonder would this be hard to do:

Glock mag

1911 mag

Uzi mag

Looking at the photos... looks like there's a barrel nut holding the barrel in place, if the mag well is standard AR-type, it may be wide enough for some high-cap mag kit, if not 1911.  It'll be something like a 9mm block conversion

Just something to think about.

~rc
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You're the one that's a bit confused.

Get the drift of Beretta's marketing plan? C = Carbine, R = Rifle, P = Pistol.

If Im confused, Beretta must be too. On this page at the Beretta website you will see a "Cx4Px4" designated carbine. It must be a version that uses the Px4 mags....

Beretta  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top