Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:34:35 PM EDT

Anyone else hearding this?  My FFL called me up this weekend and told me that he's hearding DOJ is planning on coming out with something to close the loophole on 3/1/2006.

Bill, any new information on your end about a possible shut-down date?

Thanks,

~rc
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Weve been hearing these types of rumors from various FFLs since December last year.  I highly doubt they'll be able to publish a list by March the 1st.  We're talking state government here man LOL!

Hell at this point "the list" has almost reached Urban Legend status !
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I heard if you talk about the list while eating Pop Rocks your head will explode.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, I heard if you talk about the list while eating Pop Rocks your head will explode.

-Jon
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My tin foil hat is getting wrinkled from putting it on and off...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
They're p*ssed, for sure.  Desperate too, if they wrote that memo.

All they can do is list.  Or wait 6+ months for new law.

We've been hearing that they're gonna do "major things" soon. I just think it'll be a list update and they' assert their memo is in force, which we'll have to go to court on.

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just think it'll be a list update and they' assert their memo is in force, which we'll have to go to court on.

As per our earlier conversation, that would be among the more desireable outcomes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#7]
DOJ cannot "close" any loopholes because:

1.  This is not a loophole.  It's badly written legislation.
2.  DOJ doesn't make laws, they enforce them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
At any rate, the list will be published on May 1st, May Day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+All law abiding gun owners in CA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think all "loopholes" are just poorly written legislation. However, the AW bans represent particularly badly written legislation, especially the expired federal version, since everyone on both sides knew it was c**p.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems to me, that an FFL holder would get something on official letterhead from DOJ to announce their next move......

....rather than rely on the rumor mill.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]
im an FFL in TX, i have been supplying Stags to buyers in CA.  i wonder if this letter will go nationwide or just to CA dealers?

its kind of hard for us out-of-state dealers to keep up with this crazy CA law.  all i know is im going to try my best to get these lowers to people who still haven't got any.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
im an FFL in TX, i have been supplying Stags to buyers in CA.  i wonder if this letter will go nationwide or just to CA dealers?

its kind of hard for us out-of-state dealers to keep up with this crazy CA law.  all i know is im going to try my best to get these lowers to people who still haven't got any.

It goes without saying that your willingness and efforts are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#14]
do we have a pool going on this yet?
I am definitely in for 5 squares.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thank you for taking part in this rebellion against the gun grabbers.  Without intermediate FFLs this whole thing could have never happened.  I imagine that those of you out of state sending these puppies in are experiencing similar gratification to sticking it to the man.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I got one of my lowers from Spreadfirearms and had absolutely no problems. The lower arrived in perfect condition. This was just as or before Stag sent more than a few to California that had chips in the coating. My only regret, if I have one, is that I didn't need to pay for overnight shipping. Should have went with my first thought. Government moves very slowly...
Another thank you to Spreadfirearms.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

THANK YOU!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's your stomach, and only if you drink Pepsi along with the Pop Rocks.

It happened to Mikey from the Life cereal commercials!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top