Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:18:54 PM EDT
  Guys, I work for my wifes uncles welding company. A couple of years ago, the local Eminent Domain posse tried to take our shop (where her aunt and uncle live) and turn it into an apartment complex. It's a family shop, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles all work there. We all fought together against the local government and won and got to keep our shop. But the fight isn't over. If you're a registered voter, please go to www.limiteminentdomain.org and fill out the petition.

I personally feel that this subject follows the lines of our gun rights. What right does the government have to come and take our personal property? Suzette Kelo says it best:

This battle against eminent domain abuse may have started as a way to save my little pink cottage, but it has rightfully grown into something much larger- the fight to restore the American Dream and the sacredness and security of each one of our homes

Alot of people have been screwed by eminent domain. We need a minimum of 600k signatures so everyone please help!!!

Here's a sign that I made at work for a gunshop...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]

I'll definitely pass this around at work. Being able to seize a persons home for commercial use like that is incredible abuse of govt power, one that it seems both conservatives and liberals agree is bad. I can't for the life of me understand who is for it, other than crooked politicians and developers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a bump?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
How about linking to the RKBA petition as well?  Use the exposure you're getting to help support our Second Amendment rights as well.

www.reformcagunlaws.com/ links to www.tacr.us/ and rkba.members.sonic.net/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top