Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:22:35 PM EDT
I bought a car from a used car lot about a month ago and I haven't seen the title in the mail yet. How much longer should I wait before I call up the car lot and ask them where it's at?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
When I bought a new truck in July last year it took the DMV about 6 weeks before I got the Title.  Funny part is, the title had the license plate # on it and I didn't get plates for another 4 weeks after the title.

If you're in doubt, try calling the DMV for the status, just have your drivers license number and the VIN of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you're in doubt, try calling the DMV for the status, just have your drivers license number and the VIN of the vehicle.

Will the DMV do that? I figure'd you have to wait in line to find that crap out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, you can call them, might wait on hold a bit, but they will let you know for sure that the dealer paid the fees and submitted your title change.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a Tahoe in mid-december, got the plates and pink slip together this week.  Apparently some of the DMV processing that dealers used to be able to do at the local offices is now being done only in Sacramento. (Had 2 dealerships tell me that, not sure if true).  With the big discounts and heavy sales late last year DMV has been slow in getting caught up due to and after the flood of work.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Used car lots are terrible about processing the registration paperwork. Its not uncommon to buy a used car from a dealer and wait three moths for the registration.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Used car lots are terrible about processing the registration paperwork. Its not uncommon to buy a used car from a dealer and wait three moths for the registration.

See, that's what I'm worried about. I want to put tires on it, and put some money here and there into it, but I know if I do that, some BS will happen with the DMV shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top