Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 10:51:09 AM EDT
Hello all.

I'm in the San Gabriel Valley / Pasadena area.  I want to fondle and eventually buy a M1A / M14S (Standard with wood stock or 18" Scout/Tanker with wood stock).

Where's a good place to go?  Turner's?  Lock Stock and Barrel?

I want reasonable prices, etc.  Anyone have LRB, Fulton and Springfield all in one roof?

Thanks.

Tony
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I would look in the local yellow pages of the phone book under guns, and call them up and ask them, for what you want.  With gaoline in the $2.50/gallon range you really want to be sure they got one before you drive down.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure that Springfield is the only company that any standard gunstore will keep in stock. Call around, beecause you never know just which models they do keep around.

I don't think the 18" Scouts from SA come with wood stocks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You might call Gunrunners in Duarte.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a Turner's in Pasadena.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I know of 1 Gunstore in Burbank/ Glendale area called Gun World.
You might want to give them a call.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
SA indeed has a Scout in walnut.  Model # is  AA9122  (Scout Squad, Walnut Stock ), according to their web site.

I was at Turner's in Fountain Valley this Sat, shopping for either a SOCOM 16 or Scout.  They had neither in stock, but you can try and order one.  They had a lot of SOCOM IIs in stock though (19 in their warehouse).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I know of 1 Gunstore in Burbank/ Glendale area called Gun World.
You might want to give them a call.

Stevensons is now a few blocks away from Gun World, on Magnolia, but have never been there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Stevensons is a waste of time. Last time I was there they had lost their FFL and the city of Burbank was jerking them around.

I believe Kings in Glendale has a couple M-1As.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#9]
You might try Bain & Davis on Valley Blvd in San Gabriel....he had one new and a couple of used M1's (including a tanker in .308) last time I was in there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Retting's in Culver CIty has more than a few in several configurations...FWIW
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I called all around. Everyone has the SOCOMII in stock and I have no interest in that configuration of M1A. Turner's has a standard, so I went to fondle it. From the specs, it seemed too long for me (longer than my Garand). But, it's much lighter than a Garand. Good balance. It's one of those things where after shouldering it, I didn't want to put it down. I went ahead and bought the Standard with 22" (carbon steel barrel, no more chrome-lined) and fiberglass stock.

Now I gotta wait 10 days...

Thanks everyone for the input.

Tony
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Good choice. I don't like the muzzle blast and fireball of the short barrels.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I went ahead and bought the Standard with 22" (carbon steel barrel, no more chrome-lined) and fiberglass stock.

I've been eyeballing these. Do you mind me asking how much you paid?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Not at all. The price was $1389.99, with tax, DROS and fees, it was like $1535.

I know, I probably could've done better if I'd look around more, or ordered from Gunbroker, etc, but I've been working almost every weekend since December.  I really NEEDED this.

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top